Spanish River

CourtLund

Pulled the boat out of the bay last week for a boys trip up to the Spanish. Wind blew cold and hard all week, but it didn't stop us from bagging a bunch of walleye. We caught every thing from perch to pike. My nephew even caught a small sturgeon. The highlight of his week. Nothin beats a pile of fresh walleye fillets though!
Managed enough for the freezer as well.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    386.1 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_2229.JPG
    IMG_2229.JPG
    239.2 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_2230.JPG
    IMG_2230.JPG
    260.1 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_2239.JPG
    IMG_2239.JPG
    766.7 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_2217.JPG
    IMG_2217.JPG
    187.7 KB · Views: 142
A week of good fishing together with your boys, it doesn't get any better than that in this life my friend. :):)

Well done! I admit I looked up the resort to take a peek. Pricing isn't bad (assuming its per cabin and not per person)

Well done!! I went up to the Spanish back in 2012 for a guys trip and it was a great place to fish! Great variety of species including some big smallies. We stayed at the blue heron resort. Long drive but well worth it for the scenery!!!

Last edited:
GREAT report... loved it... boys looked pleased as well.. keep your worm wet and your tip up.. Red

Well done! I admit I looked up the resort to take a peek. Pricing isn't bad (assuming its per cabin and not per person)

We paid per person, kids were free. Came to 240.00 for 4 nights per adult. I thought that's was fairly reasonable. Can't beat the location as well.

Back