Fishing Report Some bigger ones off PT Bruce pier today.

• Thread starter Deleted member 5866
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5866

Since it's "free week" this week, my wife agreed to go with me fishing this morning. She caught the first and the biggest of the 18 yellows we caught, (threw 4 back too small, kept the other 14) and we got one sheephead. (yeah I got that) Were some REALLY nice jumbos being caught off the end of the pier on the west side. Fishing in the morning, out for dinner to celebrate our 5th anniversary tonight. GREAT day.

Attachments

• Our catch July 3 2017..jpg
    Our catch July 3 2017..jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 94
Hi Trevor you need to bring the Goodluck charm ie your wife more often.lol
That's what my parents said too when they dropped by to see if we were there. But I'll tell you the same thing I told them, 2 years ago when she last went with me, she out-fished me that day and today although I caught more, she caught the 5 biggest including the first one of our day 15 minutes after we got there, in fact she had 4 bites after catching that one before I had a bite, but she's not hooked on it yet and won't let me get her a license to go more often.

Good for you Trevor, happy you had a good day. :)
Darren and myself were in among the parade of boats that passed you on the pier this morning.
:) I didn't see you, but then again, I was a little busy right after we got there taking fish off her line, or putting fresh minnows on because the lil thieves in the water cleaned her off a couple times before I could get my line in the water lol, and after some discussion and a little luck (someone left) we set up on the west side just shy of the lighthouse and stayed there.

I saw, you guys were packed in like sardines out at the end of the pier. I caught about the same as you two all day traveling around to find them. Guess the trick was to sit still & wait for them to come to you!

I saw, you guys were packed in like sardines out at the end of the pier. I caught about the same as you two all day traveling around to find them. Guess the trick was to sit still & wait for them to come to you!

The east side was, and as usual getting a spot at the end wasn't gonna happen, but it wasn't too bad for space on the west side of the pier for most of the day. We only had our lines crossed twice........ by the same guy.........on consecutive casts. He had been on the east side, but he saw both of us catch a fish a couple minutes apart, so he moved from the east side to the west, watched me put our lines back out, sat to the right of my wife, made his cast and immediately crossed both of us. When I told him he crossed us, he came to the left of me and brought it in, then went sat down and........did it again, so I let him know he crossed us again and he gave ME :poop: for him casting directly across both of our lines when he cast out, asking me with attitude, "well where the hell are your lines?" I BIT MY TONGUE REAL HARD.:mad:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks