Solar Trolling Motor Charging

Hey Sportfish. Wondering if you went ahead with this and if so wondering how you like it. I just picked one up this morning and will be installing this week. Thanks.
Yes drove down the next day to radioworld...picked it up (plus a new sonar ) I finally finished the install today except for the purple wire. Will be tested next week when I get down to Erie.

Yes drove down the next day to radioworld...picked it up (plus a new sonar ) I finally finished the install today except for the purple wire. Will be tested next week when I get down to Erie.
Ahhh the fun purple wire. Just needing the innerbay to calm down so I can try mine out. Shes a bit rough out there this afternoon.

Ahhh the fun purple wire. Just needing the innerbay to calm down so I can try mine out. Shes a bit rough out there this afternoon.
I just was at my yamaha/lund dealer for service, asked the same question, for me its a yellow wire, will still test it. also asked his opinion about a place I picked to install the alternator charger. I ll have to open the floor panel and see closely, looks like I had a chance to drill into a fuel tank:)

BTW if anybody need it, here is decent video on how to find a purple wire :)

Last edited:
This is what I use in my boat , on board alternator charger for the trolling motor batteries, main motor charges them when we are driving

My purple wire was behind my key switch

Attachments

• 62C6B91D-0C44-4686-94E3-55FCFC12B472.jpeg
    62C6B91D-0C44-4686-94E3-55FCFC12B472.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 11
This is what I use in my boat , on board alternator charger for the trolling motor batteries, main motor charges them when we are driving

My purple wire was behind my key switch
Hey Misty River. How do you like this product? Mines installed and ready to go just need the stupid wind to relax a bit.

Hey Misty River. How do you like this product? Mines installed and ready to go just need the stupid wind to relax a bit.
I have the 3 bank for my 36v ghost and my batteries are always fully charged
Wish I had this charger years ago

Thanks for the info guys. I would also be interested in the Minn Kota alternator. I have a parking spot for the boat at a storage unit and don't have access to hydro. I looked into the Power Pole Charge but it is ridiculously priced and has mixed reviews. Does the Minn Kota alternator just charge the trolling motor batteries automatically?

Thanks for the info guys. I would also be interested in the Minn Kota alternator. I have a parking spot for the boat at a storage unit and don't have access to hydro. I looked into the Power Pole Charge but it is ridiculously priced and has mixed reviews. Does the Minn Kota alternator just charge the trolling motor batteries automatically?
The Minn Kota alternator charger monitors your starting battery. Once the voltage gets to 13.5V or maybe it's 13.6V on the starting battery (while the engine is running) it then diverts the power to the trolling motor batteries delivering 10A per battery. This is all done automatically. Just drive the boat as per normal.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks