207.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 20220604_182532.jpg
    20220604_182532.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 23
  • 20220604_180323.jpg
    20220604_180323.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 28
Yum, looks wonderful @spincast .

Was up to St Jacobs this morning before heading up to the daughter's and picked up a couple of pails of fresh picked asparagus.

Will be digging into that Sunday for sure. 🌻

That looks awesome! Do you have a specific recipe you rely on?
It is a family fave - I had a recipe somewhere years ago; these days it's more just a put it together on the day (mostly, because I can't find that recipe anymore :rolleyes:) Its pretty simple - a thick slice of prosciutto from the deli counter ( I ask for one as thick as my thumb). Dice 1 onion and as many cloves of garlic as you like. Slice asparagus into 1 inch sections. Cook onion on med until it starts to turn translucent - at the same time, cook the thicker base portions of the asparagus in boiling water. When the onion is the right colour, add garlic and prosciutto cook until the prosciutto changes colour - at the same time you add those to the meat pan, add the rest of the asparagus to the boiling water. Once the meat is cooked, spoon asparagus from the water into the pan. Add enough of the asparagus water to just cover the meat and asparagus and turn on high (optional add at this point is a white wine - if you add wine, use less water). Add your fave Italian spice (I'm partial to basil) Reduce water by3/4s. Remove from heat, add parmesan and throw over cooked past of your choice. Stir & serve with what ever the season calls for - garlic bread, bruschetta, Caesar salad. Badda boom, badda bing,
I think the original recipe actually called for a cream based sauce, but, as my wife says, dairy is just one more of things in life I seem to be intolerant of in my old age.:sneaky:

Part cook bottom of asparagus first, then add the tops, Brilliant,.,
Tasty looking recipe,, thanks for sharing...

It is a family fave - I had a recipe somewhere years ago; these days it's more just a put it together on the day (mostly, because I can't find that recipe anymore :rolleyes:) Its pretty simple - a thick slice of prosciutto from the deli counter ( I ask for one as thick as my thumb). Dice 1 onion and as many cloves of garlic as you like. Slice asparagus into 1 inch sections. Cook onion on med until it starts to turn translucent - at the same time, cook the thicker base portions of the asparagus in boiling water. When the onion is the right colour, add garlic and prosciutto cook until the prosciutto changes colour - at the same time you add those to the meat pan, add the rest of the asparagus to the boiling water. Once the meat is cooked, spoon asparagus from the water into the pan. Add enough of the asparagus water to just cover the meat and asparagus and turn on high (optional add at this point is a white wine - if you add wine, use less water). Add your fave Italian spice (I'm partial to basil) Reduce water by3/4s. Remove from heat, add parmesan and throw over cooked past of your choice. Stir & serve with what ever the season calls for - garlic bread, bruschetta, Caesar salad. Badda boom, badda bing,
I think the original recipe actually called for a cream based sauce, but, as my wife says, dairy is just one more of things in life I seem to be intolerant of in my old age.:sneaky:
fantastic, thanks!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks