So I want to buy a new gps and fishfinder

zxninja

All of these choices and options, I don't know what side is up anymore. I am looking to outfit my boat with a gps and fish finder. I am looking for a gps unit that will have good maps on it, showing depths, shoals, breaks and other under water structures. One that allows me to track and save routes, and I even think I saw units that allow you to create and print your own custom maps. As for the fish finder I would like to have a unit that does the down imaging as well as the side views. For the price of these combo units I almost think it would be worth buying two dedicated units, a gps and a finder, but I do not see many stand alone marine gps units. I see all these companies have different bells and whistles on their units, they all look real nice, but just what I get from them seems a little foggy.

So I ask for your help guys, what would be a good choice for me?

I have a cottage at the point and spend some good time on Erie fishing perch and walleye. I also make runs out to the bluff bar and would like to explore both the outer bay and Erie a little more. I make a spring trip to Nipissing every year and a fall get away to the near north. Looking for a unit with good detailed mapping of our Ontario waters and a fish finder that will have DI, side views, thermocline and water temps.

Please, feel free to give me your two cents, good or bad. All opinions welcome.

Fish Bones

Hey there felow angler, my dad "drop me a line" uses the new Lowerance elite 5 and i must say that after a few trips out with him i was super impressed with its abilities and acuracy its really a kick ass rig!! Good luck 8D

HORTY

Well I can say I have had them all,so now I went 2 the boat show an bought another 1-this time Hummingbird-587ci for 400 bucks. I was very impressed (it is already installed in my boat.:D I got it from angling outfitters,like I did all the rest.For an entry level unit I was supprised at how it performed , I picked up 11 sats. sitting at my desk.Grt colour an diffination 5in screen,an will handle hot maps.Very simple 2 operate after it is set up.ps had high deff last yr -hated it marked more fish with old eagle.Now this is just my thoughts,so u make up ur own mind,but u cant beat the $ an it has most of the features the expensive 1s have. WORKS FOR ME:)

I should have bought the humminbird fish finder @ the boat show - good deal and I have not heard any complaints - reason I did not buy it was because the boat belongs to my father in law and did not want to ad something that he may not approved of

monty smith

GO TO PAGE 2 AND SEE MY E-MAIL. THE LOWRANCE DOWN SCAN AND MAPPING IS ALL INCLUDED ON THE ELITE 5 DSI PLUS IN COLOUR.SEE JOSH AT ANGLING OUTFITTERS.
HOPE THIS HELPS YOU, ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME.
GOOD LUCK8D

binkley

i Have the 383c and the only reason for that is the size very limited on my vessel it is the best option I have purchased and like every one has said it is great price for the unit.

keepen'er afloat is always better than sinkin.

big guy

I'd have to agree with Horty. That Humminbird 587ci was a great bargain. I had it in my hand to buy, but my old Matrix 17 still works, so a new replacement downrigger it is. That 587ci is Navionics upgradable to all levels as well. Preloaded with tons of stuff already. Humminbird does a great job, at a great price. I am impressed with the quality and price. I just about wish my Matrix would quit. lololo