Smelt run

Drag net at Turkey point unto the beach and then into a galvanized wash tub. Remember fondly cleaning smelt till 1 am as a kid. Did it so long my hands cramped. They were so thick you could smell them coming down the new hill into TP

We have friends on Manitoulin Island and also Georgian Bay that both told us today they are having smelts for supper. They said the size is down to what it used to be but there were decent quantities.

@Richardscott999 : Back in my day was just the OLD hill, but can still remember coming up that baby !!!!! Yes those were the days. We cooked them just after the were cleaned, old Coleman on the small pier by Post Office and great tasting back then.

The only spots i hear of that get considerable shore access runs are the niagara river at Queenston and a few sections of the Welland Canal... I know in season Independent in Delhi sells them cheap...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks