Fishing Report SM Bass - North Shore Rocks & Inner Bay - Friday, July 9th

Hi Extra. Were approx are on the north shore

Trolling between Normandale and Port Ryerse with most being caught near Fishers Glen. We stopped, casted and jigged while drifting near there catching my first goby of the season which somehow got its head caught in my pliers 🤷‍♂️

Trolling between Normandale and Port Ryerse with most being caught near Fishers Glen. We stopped, casted and jigged while drifting near there catching my first goby of the season which somehow got its head caught in my pliers 🤷‍♂️
Thank-you

Lmao!

Never tried trolling that area Friday but we spent at least a half hour drifting and casting. We caught 5 rock bass doing that but didn't even get a sniff from a Small Mouth. A friend with a lot of local experience was also fishing the area and didn't do much better excepting they caught and released a small bow. Will have to try your strategy next time out. Thanks for the tip.

how deep is the water where you are fishing
jph, we fished 8 to 17 feet along the north shore including known structure. In the Inner Bay we fished 5 feet up to 12 feet crossing the North Channel and about 8 FoW on the flats beyond the channel. Lots of bites from where we started off Bait Island to the channel but only one bite that we were able to identify as a SM Bass because it jumped a few times before getting off. The other bites we I.D.'ed were from either Sheephead or Sun Fish.

It's been tough on the bay, bluffs and north shore the past week or so. We went to the east end of the lake this weekend, and though it was still a little tougher than usual, the fish were much more willing to bite than here at home. The forecast isn't looking stellar this week either, unfortunately.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks