Slush recovery

Yakfisherman

With all the slush out there now , people will be getting stuck on the bay do I thought I’d post a picture of the recovery bar I built , I know I’ve seen threads on similar things in the past using a 2x4 , to anyone heading out this weekend, you should have winch and some type self recovery method , to use mine I cut a hole drop the bar in , and use the chain to winch myself out the little rope on the end is just to pull the bar back out , and the threaded rod is 12 inches long it’s just so I don’t loose the whole thing down the whole 581767D8-EFE0-4037-AE7A-6D7F34B85E75.jpeg
49BC05C2-075F-461F-AAEB-50CDE0B09BD0.jpeg

Small aluminum pipe with a nylon strap wrapped on it works perfect.
4 tire chains on the Honda and it takesapt to stop it. Another tip, bring a shovel !!!!! Lesson learned years ago there .

I made something similar a few years back. Mine has the eye bolt off centre in the bar so it can be dropped vertically down through the drilled hole, then pull it up so the high side of the bar catches on the underside of the ice, then pull it up tight to wedge under the ice. Wench out machine forward then let the bar back down then pull up when the bar is partially vertical. No matter how it is built it is a great tool to carry and assist you getting a machine moving if forward motion come to a halt.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks