Sliver bass

Fishboss

Good morning y'all, I'm wondering who on here keeps sliver bass? What is your opinion on the flavor? We ended up keeping 5 last Saturday including a big one, fried them up and they were really tasty.

Try baking them in a caserole dish with some of your favorite topping on them. Onions, peppers, cheese, salsa, bread crumbs, or check you tube for a fish recipe to use. They are very tasty fish.

I have eaten them and thought they were fine. However, I have been advised not to freeze them. I have no experience myself but been told by several guys who are commercial fishermen that they are mushy after freezing.

Thanks guys now I'm hungry lol that casserole sounds really good, I agree that is a fish ment to eat fresh, wouldn't freeze good by the feel of the flesh, not beats a fish fry the same day they are caught.

My amish customers keep them all!! They say they're good fresh but not frozen. Some said they put them in a bag with butter milk on ice overnight then bake them!!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks