Simcoe

champ

Planning a early ice trip to Cooks bays. Gilford to 9th line depending on ice. January 1st. Would anyone like to join? I do have a a two man hut with heat. If anyone wants to join me on a hard water send me a PM.

Thanks,
Champ

No place to legally park there anymore.
There is a sign someplace that says if it snows you will be ticketed on any street.
I parked in a legal parking spot, after about 3 hours out fishing it started snowing, got back to my truck and I had a ticket.
Called the township and they told me to bad, pay.
Simcoe is for locals only.
I don't go to THEIR lake anymore.

I used to go to innisfil but the pay parking is outrageous.
I think some guy has a pay parking in his driveway if you go early to get a spot in Gilford..
Check the Cooks Bay website, some info their.

Planning a early ice trip to Cooks bays. Gilford to 9th line depending on ice. January 1st. Would anyone like to join? I do have a a two man hut with heat. If anyone wants to join me on a hard water send me a PM.

Thanks,
Champ

Are you planning a day trip or staying overnight. I have all my own equipment, rods, graph, camera. I could help out paying for gas etc. I live in Tillsonburg.

Frank

Yeah Dave is the guy in Gilford that has some parking, on his front yard and lane-way.
<Edit> PM @Dand for the guy's phone number</Edit>. Nice guy, single dad with a bunch of kids; that help him keep things organized. He may even have a couple of huts to rent; not sure on that though?
PM ME if you want a contact number.
Dan.

Last edited:
Yes that's the guy Dan, I think he charges $5.00.
Got a little shack at the end of the driveway.
Thats what I saw posted on the web siteGilford.JPG

Last edited:
They don't have Lakers and Whitefish though. That's what I go to Lake Simcoe for. Fun catching a lot of perch sure, but in my opinion they don't compare to a Lake trout or whitefish. Not all about eating the fish as it is catching them.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks