Simcoe White Fish report - year later

icefisherman

Seems we are lacking fishing reports here so here is one...
First ice trip of the season on what little ice one could find relatively safely....they were there and waiting to see me, but took a while to figure out new area and establish pattern and find out what they wanted...at the end got a limit but had to work hard for it. One natural and one stocked.
Nothing beats fresh whities this time of the year.
Here is the daily shot.
20160130_134652_resized_zpsqnqqdyh3.jpg

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

You seem to have the keen eye for the whities, always posting beautiful fish. Congrats, wish the weather wasn't warming up, I would take the drive and give them a shot.

Cheers, nice fish!

Fishemhard

Thanks @icefisherman, as always a great Lake Simcoe report. We were thinking of doing a trip this week but I'm sitting here watching the rain bounce off the deck which isn't giving me much confidence.

Here's some photos from the last trip we made last year. We caught our limit but also caught and released 9 more beauty whities that day while losing 3 others. Great lake for whities to be sure.

Simcoe1.jpg

Simcoe2.jpg

Simcoe3.jpg

Thanks @Wave Runner,

Bought an ATV recently but doesn't look like I'll get a chance to try it on the ice this season.
It'll need to be surgical attacks for the whities, only walking.
That is if the little ice we still have survive the +10C this week.

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks