Show us your Sheephead

Cedar plank and corn on the cob yummm anyone have dessert recipe we will have a complete meal

We were around the Manitou Islands on lake Nip fishing for eyes when this one hit my slow death hook tipped with a worm.

Attachments

• 20150704_092431.jpg
    20150704_092431.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 33
not a monster but from perching early spring in rough water, but bloody and ugly all the same lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0252.JPG
    IMG_0252.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 27
Here is my recipe for sheephead lightly salted and buttered I mus warn you it does take time, but the results are well worth it.

In early May catch a sheephead
Take it home
Dig a 12" hole
Place the sheephead in the hole
Fill with 8" of dirt
Place sweetcorn seed in hole
Wait 3 - 4 months
Pick corn and boil
Season with butter and salt

YUM YUM !

Secret miracle grow ingredient

Wave runner that's not a sheep
it's a ZEBRA u need to get new glasses:LOL::joyful:

My glasses are fine @saltybigstick.:) Now you know why the Americans call their sheepshead jail birds. Here's close up pictures of one I caught, notice the teeth are human like. I was careful not to get bit by one as they actually crush crustaceans, mollusks and barnicles with their very powerful jaws.:eek:

Florida.jpg

Florida 2.jpg

Lol u can tell that fish is from the usa look at the chompers kinda looks like a hillbilly i bet some of the old guys on here would love them teeth lmao:coffee::p:D

We were around the Manitou Islands on lake Nip fishing for eyes when this one hit my slow death hook tipped with a worm.

Nipissing produces some great sheephead too. I remember being at the cottage at the Waltonian Inn years ago and the kids next door made a leash for one and kept it at the beach all week as a pet.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks