Off Topic Shopping Spree

hvyhaul

The brother in law has asked me to take him shopping this weekend to get what he needs to start fishing on Erie. He has his own boat.

My question is, should I sit him down and warn him of the illness he is about to dabble in,

lurebox2.gif
(my package delivered to the condo while in Florida in December)

or just take him shopping?

This might explain why he has declined numerous invites at stupid o'clock.

Oh no hvyhaul, if he asked you to take him shopping, don't warn him about anything. Let him find out all by himself. Just take him and let him slowly descend into the depths, let this illness take control of him like it does everyone else when they go shopping for gear and lures, and then remind him, he asked you to do this.

Rob, addictions are now being considered illnesses in certain situations.

Don't know what your talking about. I don't have a problem! I really needed that bigger boat for safety. Of course a couple more rods now that I can have more people on board. Only makes sense to get more lures to go on those rods. Have you seen the price of perch? I'll have it paid off in less than 50 years! Maybe the Doc can prescribe ripplin red fins instead of happy hay?

You should take him shopping get lots of good stuff then when you get up to the cash register surprise him by paying for it and saying welcome to my world

You should take him shopping get lots of good stuff then when you get up to the cash register surprise him by paying for it and saying welcome to my world

You're right, but I'm a horrible person.

I felt it would serve him better to feel the euphoria personally, and not just witness some else's ongoing situation.

I did cut him off before $400 and took him fishing again today, so I figure I'm easing him in gently.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks