Fishing Report She didn't have to tell me twice lol.

• Thread starter Deleted member 5866
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5866

My wife is on vacation this week, and generally that means I get to go fishing a little more than the once a week when she isn't. Well, she couldn't think of anything she wanted to do today, and told me "if you want to go fishing, you can." She didn't have to tell me twice. Got to the pier and had my line in the water at 11:20, left at 4:30. Caught 9 yellows today, only 6 worth keeping. (That makes 36 yellows in total this year so far in 10 trips, but only 18 were keepers.) There were a few others catching some nice ones, but nothing that would be considered a jumbo and they were far and few between.

My wife is on vacation this week, and generally that means I get to go fishing a little more than the once a week when she isn't. Well, she couldn't think of anything she wanted to do today, and told me "if you want to go fishing, you can." She didn't have to tell me twice. Got to the pier and had my line in the water at 11:20, left at 4:30. Caught 9 yellows today, only 6 worth keeping. (That makes 36 yellows in total this year so far in 10 trips, but only 18 were keepers.) There were a few others catching some nice ones, but nothing that would be considered a jumbo and they were far and few between.
you have to ask to fish wow

No
you have to ask to fish wow
I don't have to ask, but I do have to make sure we don't have other plans before I go, and of course that the "chores" are done.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok wow sensitive are we ???? well sorry to ruffle your panties !!!!!!!

No 21200, I don't think "sensitive" is the correct word to use. I believe the words more appropriately would be "mature" and "responsible" because the people on this forum are just that, mature and responsible. We know that before we can go fishing we have other responsibilities that must be addressed first that take priority over fishing, even when that's all we may want to do at any given time, on any given day.

Those of us with significant others who don't fish know that it is not only common courtesy but it is also respectful to make sure that significant other (if you have one) knows not only what you are planning, but that those plans do not interfere with or conflict with other family outings or responsibilities and that the same courtesy and respect is reciprocated by that significant other.

Maybe that's not how your relationships work. Maybe you're single. I don't know, but neither do I care. Your initial comment seemed a question to me, so I responded. Your response which I quoted here, you came in guns drawn looking for a fight, and you've only been a member for a week. Not exactly the best way to endear yourself to others on this forum who have a lot of knowledge to pass along, but most who will, won't give someone with your attitude the time of day. Respect is a funny thing, if you give it, you'll get it in return. If you don't, you won't. You didn't show respect, and therefore you aren't going to get any in return. Grow up, or shut up, I don't care which, just pick one, and move on. Thank you. :)

No 21200, I don't think "sensitive" is the correct word to use. I believe the words more appropriately would be "mature" and "responsible" because the people on this forum are just that, mature and responsible. We know that before we can go fishing we have other responsibilities that must be addressed first that take priority over fishing, even when that's all we may want to do at any given time, on any given day.

Those of us with significant others who don't fish know that it is not only common courtesy but it is also respectful to make sure that significant other (if you have one) knows not only what you are planning, but that those plans do not interfere with or conflict with other family outings or responsibilities and that the same courtesy and respect is reciprocated by that significant other.

Maybe that's not how your relationships work. Maybe you're single. I don't know, but neither do I care. Your initial comment seemed a question to me, so I responded. Your response which I quoted here, you came in guns drawn looking for a fight, and you've only been a member for a week. Not exactly the best way to endear yourself to others on this forum who have a lot of knowledge to pass along, but most who will, won't give someone with your attitude the time of day. Respect is a funny thing, if you give it, you'll get it in return. If you don't, you won't. You didn't show respect, and therefore you aren't going to get any in return. Grow up, or shut up, I don't care which, just pick one, and move on. Thank you. :)
Well said Trevor.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks