Off Topic Service for Big Jon electric riggers.

fishstalker

Anyone know who services BJ riggers around Simcoe?
I have one not working?
Its the rigger not electrical.
Tried reset, no response.
Thx in advance.

Send an email to Big Jon — they may be able to walk you through a repair and/or identify the parts you need. Grimsby Tackle likely has parts but it is a bit of a drive. I had to rebuild one of mine just over 20 years ago but it’s been fine since ;)

But the Big Jon folks are usually pretty quick and they are helpful.

Send an email to Big Jon — they may be able to walk you through a repair and/or identify the parts you need. Grimsby Tackle likely has parts but it is a bit of a drive. I had to rebuild one of mine just over 20 years ago but it’s been fine since ;)

But the Big Jon folks are usually pretty quick and they are helpful.
Thank you,
I bought some parts from Grimsby Tackle for my Big Jons a couple years ago.

If you can take the switch apart, and hook up the wires direct to bypass the switch that might find the problem....

if you are going to try and fix it yourself take pics every step of the way. I just fixed my Cannon rigger. Pretty simple electronics. In my case the circuit board was capput and not available. If you take the switch out of the circuit that’s how you can check it, also the circuit breaker. That’s how I determined it was the board. Since I couldn’t replace the board I found a guy that repaired it. All told $125 to get the rigger back to life. Good luck.

Rick

If you can take the switch apart, and hook up the wires direct to bypass the switch that might find the problem....
Thank you
I have a few more tests to complete.
I took pictures of the model / serial # before I contact BigJon.
Just got my boat in the water today so I have some " tweaking" to do.

Attachments

• 20210606_075655.jpg
    20210606_075655.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 16
For a test to see if the switch is shot, also works for the breaker, you just touch the wires together. If it runs with this method you know you have a bad switch or breaker. Obviously you do them one at a time.

Thank you
I got a respond from Big Jon to check continuity of reset button and switch first.
If not that it could be brushes or seized motor due to corrosion.
Only Big Jon authorized repair shop is Bay Distributors, North Bay.
Grimsby Tackle advised Short Wave Marine, Pt Credit also does repairs.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks