Selling my guns.

Leaky

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I have decided to sell the guns I have collected over the years, but have no idea what is a fair value for each. Does anyone know where I can get this info, before I put them up for sale?
Thanks Rick

Id search online for the models you have to arrive at some idea of price point. Guns are definitely up right now. Sellers market.

Thanks Elmerfudd, I looked on line but could find a Ontario site that offered prices. Any suggestions.

Id try the USA sites like gun broker etc. and convert to Cdn $. Pretty accurate in my experience.

Try gunpost.ca

someone on this site recommended it to me

Hi @Leaky you can also look at

www.townpost.ca

I sold one new high end LH rifle and 100 rounds of rifle ammo and a LR leopold scope all seperately and got what I asked for.. free ad and satisfied fair market value.
type in your make & model of your firearms on the site and compare what you got..its free and safe for the seller..in your detailed ads type buyer pays shipping..thats with Canada Post ground transportation shipping ammo as well. The transaction is usually by E transfer emailed to you and then transfer into your bank account. Most of the action for firearm transactions are with buyers/sellers in the western provinces.

then you can add up approx. what you got in firearm assets$..if its not worth it but you got value..call a few of the local gun shops with your firearm list and unload them discounted that way..list a few on here...ya I gave 2 single shot shotguns free to 2 young shooters on here..ask & check for a vaild firearms licence..

Last edited:
I have decided to sell the guns I have collected over the years, but have no idea what is a fair value for each. Does anyone know where I can get this info, before I put them up for sale?
Thanks Rick
Gunpost and Gunnutz.com are both Canadian sites as far as I know . They would give you an idea what things are worth.

Thanks Rick

You might try Ellwood Epps or Shooters Choice, Gobles, Gagnon's, Triggers and Bows, Tillsonburg Gun Shop for a cost comparison or post what you have and we will give you an idea what we might pay ? As for it's a "Sellers Market" ? That only holds water if there are buyers for what you have ? You can't sell a mini-van to a guy that wants a pick up truck... just saying.

Wow thank you for everyones advice and ideas. I have checked a few sites and now have a ball park idea. Here is my list if anyone here is interested. Again, looking for a fair price for both.

1) Weatherby Mark V left hand 270 magnum.
Weatherby Mark V Left hand bolt 270 magnum- copy.jpg

2) Remington 870 Supermag 12ga.
Remington 870 Super Mag 12ga. copy.jpg

3)Winchester Model 12 - 16 ga.

Winchester Model 12 -16 ga. copy.jpg

4) Winchester Model 77 Semi auto 22LR

Winchester Model 77 semi auto 22LR- copy.jpg

5) Rossi Pump 22cal.

Rossi pump action  22LR- copy.jpg

6) Savage Arms Model 25 Pump 22Cal. Hex barrel
Savage Pump Model 25-22LR copy.jpg

7) Remington Wingmaster Model 870 pump 12 ga.

Remington 870 Wingmaster pump 12 ga. rifled barrel-.jpg

8) Remington Model 11 Semi Auto 12 ga.

Remington Model 11 Semi Auto 12 ga.- copy.jpg

9) Remington 870 barrels

Remington 870 barrels- copy.jpg

10) Iver Johnson Single shot 12 ga.

Iver Johnson 12 ga single- copy.jpg
11) British 303 cal. Bolt
no room for pic.

12) Winchester Model 94 30-30

no room for pic.

If interested in any of these, let me know. thanks

Thanks Rick
Sent a message Pm. Check back in the morning some time .

This afternoon my entire collection was sold. Thank you all for the advice. My hunting days are now over.

Rick L

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks