Fishing Report Select Harvest of Pike and Perch today.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7631
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7631

Hit the bluffs for pike and perch today. Went 10 for 11 on the pike and kept 6 barbecue beauties (22 inches).
Stopped at Potthawk jigged a few perch - released a dozen small ones after considering how long it would take to fillet them.
Good day. Great weather. Fish were feeding.

Attachments

• IMG_0109 2.JPG
    IMG_0109 2.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0116 2.JPG
    IMG_0116 2.JPG
    450.4 KB · Views: 213
Last edited by a moderator:
got any recipes for the BBQ pike you care to share ?

North shore lunch went like this -- gut and gill a 22 to 25 inch pike. Wrap tightly in tin foil with cut lemon slices and fresh dill. Grill both sides steam in the juices. Serve with salt and pepper if desired. - Basic stuff eh. Tastes good though.
Thats from our Open pit grill in Normandale days from back in the 70's - Smelt and Pike fish fry's.
I am looking for other recipes as well.

Hit the bluffs for pike and perch today. Went 10 for 11 on the pike and kept 6 barbecue beauties (22 inches).
Stopped at Potthawk jigged a few perch - released a dozen small ones after considering how long it would take to fillet them.
Good day. Great weather. Fish were feeding.
Awesome stuff dude! Were you casting or trolling for gators?

When I was in Timmins this past February, I talked to a lady that owned a tackle shop there. She told me they catch so many pike they're always trying new recipes. One that sounded good to me was crab cakes, using pike instead of crab. She said it was hit with their family. Will definitely give it a try sometime.

@Braggin Rights , trolling for the first two hits. Then stopped and drift casted. Seemed like a two hour feeding frenzy. Then it stopped and so did we. - Moved on to the perch.

@bryan dickson : sounds great - we'll try it. Thanks.

When I was in Timmins this past February, I talked to a lady that owned a tackle shop there. She told me they catch so many pike they're always trying new recipes. One that sounded good to me was crab cakes, using pike instead of crab. She said it was hit with their family. Will definitely give it a try sometime.
Our cabin is near Timmins. There was a cree indian that would make moyaka. Pretty much boiled that fish in milk with head on. Onions and potatoes. He would strain off the skull and big bones. It was friggin awesome. That was about 50 years ago. Craving now crummybun

Our cabin is near Timmins. There was a cree indian that would make moyaka. Pretty much boiled that fish in milk with head on. Onions and potatoes. He would strain off the skull and big bones. It was friggin awesome. That was about 50 years ago. Craving now crummybun
Sounds like a nice pike chowder! With the temps they get up there, you need something to warm you up! I need to experiment more often. Rarely is it a complete disaster, at least in my opinion 🤔 lol.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks