Seed ticks

Tickville

I've been living in the st Williams area for just about 6 years now and have always been cautious about the tick situation. I cut my grass religiously took down all trees and shrubs within the yard trim hedges and remove all leaves sticks debris etc. When we let the dogs out we always check them before we let them in and every once and a while you will find a tick on them...no problem. Now this is where my weekend starts, my indoor cat got out wed morning and came back early Thursday morning...I check him every morning and night to be on the right side of caution. Last night at around 9 the wife yells at me to come look at the bed and holy f@!? There's a cluster of these poppy seed looking things all over the sheets. With some research I discover they are freshly hatched ticks with only 6 legs (with maturity they get 8 legs). So my cat has been roaming freely in the house for half a week probably dropping eggs/ baby ticks in the house. Been up all night vacuuming and spraying baseboards washing linen cats dogs kids toys u name it and I cleaned it. Moral of the story guys u don't want to go through this, keep your animals safe get them the drops whether indoor or out. And check with a fine tooth brush. Going to sleep now cheers.

Attachments

• 20200518_091430.jpg
    20200518_091430.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 216
Yikes, we don't have pets but your story brings back not so good memories of when our kids where in the junior grades and someone at their school would get head lice. Fine tooth comb every night.
Good luck to you.

I've been living in the st Williams area for just about 6 years now and have always been cautious about the tick situation. I cut my grass religiously took down all trees and shrubs within the yard trim hedges and remove all leaves sticks debris etc. When we let the dogs out we always check them before we let them in and every once and a while you will find a tick on them...no problem. Now this is where my weekend starts, my indoor cat got out wed morning and came back early Thursday morning...I check him every morning and night to be on the right side of caution. Last night at around 9 the wife yells at me to come look at the bed and holy f@!? There's a cluster of these poppy seed looking things all over the sheets. With some research I discover they are freshly hatched ticks with only 6 legs (with maturity they get 8 legs). So my cat has been roaming freely in the house for half a week probably dropping eggs/ baby ticks in the house. Been up all night vacuuming and spraying baseboards washing linen cats dogs kids toys u name it and I cleaned it. Moral of the story guys u don't want to go through this, keep your animals safe get them the drops whether indoor or out. And check with a fine tooth brush. Going to sleep now cheers.
I’ve been here 3 years thankfully we haven’t experience this. We always have our dog in to our vet to get advantage 2 it kills Miskitos Ticks Fleas we are always checking.
thanks for the heads up. ?
JJ

It's only $100-125 for an annual supply of flea/tick/parasite medication (Revolution) for a dog or cat. Our dogs are over 10 years old and neither has had a single tick or flea during their lifetime despite many days hunting or walking in the bush or interacting with other dogs.

Very cheap insurance that takes 30 seconds to apply each month.

It's only $100-125 for an annual supply of flea/tick/parasite medication (Revolution) for a dog or cat. Our dogs are over 10 years old and neither has had a single tick or flea during their lifetime despite many days hunting or walking in the bush or interacting with other dogs.

Yes Revolution is also good for most we changed to Advantage our dog was having like a sort of fit in his sleeps or nightmares we notice he sleeps more peaceful now with the change. Only because my mrs had past experience working with Veterinary hospitals. When we moved here never forget this family stop me and my dog on our walk to ask us what they should do they were walking in the bush with there two kids all 4 of them were covered head to toe, they asked isn’t it to early for them I said you better go home and research google it. I was worried after we moved here, we have good so far.
JJ

Tis the season ! LoL ! I will take country bugs over city bugs any day of the week ! Had an experience like that once while deer hunting, must have sat on a nest as I had hundreds of them crawling all over my pants. My son took a pine bough and near beat me to death to get them off me. A good spray off bug repellent finished the job. Ticks hate heat ! Wash in hot water and dry on high heat !

This year my dog picked one up in Tillsonburg in March. That day she was only in the backyard and on a walk on sidewalks or cut grass. Scary. This was before we treated her

I might have to switch to Revolution then. Vet has my dog on Simparica and it’s almost $30 for a monthly pill. Mind you, it works, find dead ticks on the couch.

Has anyone ordered Nexgard online.I purchased this years supply from my Vet,but found the price to be on the high side.So i did some calling around to local Vets the cost ranges from $130.00 to $ 250.00 plus tax.I am just a pet owner so I would not be able to get a perscibtion for it.Just wondering if anyone orders it from U.S..Just looking to save a couple of bucks.Thanks.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks