See you Next Year!

singlemalt

Went out today for my last shoot. Got over to the Unit just before the office opened and picked dead last. Just went out by myself with my bi-polar young dog. Had a wonderful morning, (she was having one of her good days)ended up at noon with one short of a limit (4 fat mallards and a black/mallard hybrid which may be the biggest duck I have ever shot)but ended the season satisfied. .

Noticed on the board that for the season hunter numbers are up again, birds harvested slightly down.

I am personally counting the days till next falls opener. All the best of the season to all duck hunters, health and happiness, straight shooting and steady dogs.

Cam

I came late and Fred told me some of the shooting point's posts have been knocked down by ice movement. I wanted # 30 which was knocked down as well. Instead I rented # 31 and limited out: 1 gadwall, 2 bluebills, 2 ruddies, and 1 canvasback ! What a day it was and unfortunately after Dec 19 it will be closed despite the warming trend next week.

Anyway, it was a good year for me despite some said the harvest was down and hope for the best for next year. Merry x-mas to all the duck hunters and the staff of LPWA management.

going to try the unit next year..only used it a few time(over the years) had good success, on most occasion's..my worst was about 3-4 years ago big wind and the water dropped to almost none.(it took us almost 2-2 1/2 hrs to get back to the launch.) CHEERS

Yeah ship wrecked, being in the right blind on the right day isn't easy even if you have a top choice. It sounds like singlemalt and lcooper finished off the season on a high note. I guess I did as well because we ended up with 9 birds on my last day out. Merry Christmas to all.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks