Off Topic Securing your kicker

Sorry to hear about your loss, I have the Fulton Wesbar lock locking my kicker on, as well as its bolded to the kicker plate. Zosk I to live in Caledonia but my boat is at the cottage on Erie, will definitely keep my eyes and ears open.

Cheers Bic

@Zosk @Tyee Any update on how this played out? I’m googling kicker theft and stumbled upon this thread.

Last edited:
I’m lucky enough to be in high tech and 2 customer manufacture cellular GPS tracking modules for rental vehicles like fork lifts and transport containers..

I’m also lucky enough to have one absolutely tough-ass, off his rocker ex-hells angel/mob member as a fishing buddy.

I got my 25hp mercury back in 24 hours and the “new owner” who gave it back “gracefully” at 11:30 pm in acton… the “purchaser” only spent 3 weeks in the hospital for a missing elbow

On all my stuff, cellular GPS tracking modules.

after loosing 3, I began to take kicker off and put on a stand with wheels in the garage. I had a lock like Mick's and they just pried it off and snapped off the wing nuts. I have also heard of small motors being requested for northern dealers for back lakes as they know they will never be traced. I actually was fortunate to get a stolen one back when a "friend"(may he rest in peace) recognized it, they were running a small ring of thieves specifically for small outboards. He actually saw a 9.9 intact with the transom cut out with a plasma cutter. If they want it, you will loose it. Apple does have affordable tracking units, but it's all after the fact and your not fishing.

I live in Woodstock. Nothing is safe with all the meth heads. It’s a pain but I completely strip the boat down after I use it. Downriggers, rods, tackle and kicker. If they want to come into the house to take it they can deal with my 150 pound dog. Lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks