Seasonal slip in Port Bruce advice pls

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

I went down to NEM and met with Mike, and decided to go ahead. He also has seasonal trailer parking so if I decide I want to go to Huron or Ontario scrub the bottom it should be pretty easy.

My biggest concern is charging the trolling batteries since there's no power at the dock. Ordered a Minnkota alternator charger to charge off the main motor, but unless i make a long run that is probably not going to fully recharge 150 amp hrs. Might have to re-rig them so I can take them home easily.

It's a self bailing centre console... should I still consider adding an automatic bilge pump?
I would to be safe unless the boat manufacturer says no

I used a solar panel hookup to keep my batteries charged while it was in a slip and it worked just fine. It kept the bilge working and my boat of the bottom of the marina.

If there are any rodents in the area that you are planning to leave your boat it might be worth your while to wrap rubber gas line around your electronic cables. Muskrats chewed my plastic coated cables thru to the wires deeming them worthless. For some reason rodents love to chew plastic but will not touch rubber. Just a thought and might be worth looking into

If there are any rodents in the area that you are planning to leave your boat it might be worth your while to wrap rubber gas line around your electronic cables. Muskrats chewed my plastic coated cables thru to the wires deeming them worthless. For some reason rodents love to chew plastic but will not touch rubber. Just a thought and might be worth looking into

Most if not all automotive wiring is now made from soya based materials which is a dinner bell for rodents.

I went down to NEM and met with Mike, and decided to go ahead. He also has seasonal trailer parking so if I decide I want to go to Huron or Ontario scrub the bottom it should be pretty easy.

My biggest concern is charging the trolling batteries since there's no power at the dock. Ordered a Minnkota alternator charger to charge off the main motor, but unless i make a long run that is probably not going to fully recharge 150 amp hrs. Might have to re-rig them so I can take them home easily.

It's a self bailing centre console... should I still consider adding an automatic bilge pump?
Looking forward to meeting you there this summer!

I second the solar comment, but it really depends on your application and if you have a handy place to mount panels. On a centre console you probably do, but likely not enough square footage to have a huge capacity... meaning you might not have a system powerful enough to keep up to heavy usage on a week of fishing. But if you want to fish a few hours a week, even a small setup could be just the ticket.

It works great when you can rely on it for low capacity but always silently working away (and don't forget it even works while you fish, reducing how far the batteries discharge!)

north erie might have a few docks open in port bruce. mike and linda are nice people i dock there and have a trailer

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks