Season

fishlessam

When do you guys/gals pack it in for the season as per Lake Erie fishing? Just curious

Another couple weeks, once the winds start from incessant low pressure systems due to gulf hurricane season come our way it’s hard to get out either due to thunderstorm activity or high winds. Once things cool down we tend to get a lot of north winds and that pushes the fish to our friends on the southern border.

Get out now !! Regards, dman

When the kids get busy with other stuff — looks like that might happen as normal this September ;)

Although, I have had some of my best fishing days in Sept/Oct on Erie. But the boat will probably Come out early September this year.

Other than the couple hours I spent on the pier during the Pt Bruce fun derby, (which I don't really count because it was cut short when my son started to not feel well) I haven't been fishing since my last time out with @tailfathers at the beginning of the month. I'm going to try to get out fishing once or twice more before I call it a season and go back into hibernation. We'll see. Last year I called it a season a little earlier than normal and went back into hibernation about the second week of Sept.

My seasons (only have 2, fishing season and hockey season) kind of overlap a little. Fishing season starts in mid to late April or early May and ends at midnight on Sept 30. Only once in the past 30 years have I gone fishing after that date. (last year) Hockey season in normal times, (before Covid) starts when NHL training camps start in mid Sept. (this year the preseason games begin on Sept 25th) and ends when the Leafs are done in the spring. During the months of Oct thru til mid April or early May, I'll be hibernating, as usual.

Might get 2 more kicks at the can , looking at this coming Saturday, hopefully the weather holds up and maybe just maybe 1 more crack at the big lake

With great happiness, will be off labour day weekend get the boat cleaned, winterized and wrapped for storage. Right hip surgery has been postponed twice, and I have been given the green light for Sept 13. Next year, not only fishing from my boat, but adding a trolling motor to the bow for St Clair River walleye, and trout season on the upper grand. Very much looking forward to next April

With great happiness, will be off labour day weekend get the boat cleaned, winterized and wrapped for storage. Right hip surgery has been postponed twice, and I have been given the green light for Sept 13. Next year, not only fishing from my boat, but adding a trolling motor to the bow for St Clair River walleye, and trout season on the upper grand. Very much looking forward to next April
Good luck with your surgery

I am still hoping dreaming we might get a sept/oct walleye movement to the elbow and the smallies up on the flats

Good luck with surgery do your exercises thats the key i beleive i.ve had 2 knees and a hip done all good

One or two more kicks at the can for me then close her up and time for Moose then deer… it’s been a good season

Anyone fish western basin in November+ in Erie, Detroit or LSC? Curious what the season will look like over here

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks