Search and Rescue

zxninja

Chilling out at the cottage today and have been watching a search and rescue plane cruising up and down Hastings drive shore line. I sure hope whoever got into trouble is safe n sound.

Oh man that's just tragic. 19 years young, the parents lives will never be peaceful again. We were just talking here today about kids in the rough water at Pt. Stanley. I bet he was in those huge breakers on the west side. If it was like what I watched here all day at our shack (and it's still blowing 8 footers smashing the rock wall) there was no way anyone could stand in those waves let alone swim well.

The report says a woman drowned here last Thursday, never heard a word. Selkirk is a small place. Sad.

Last edited:
Bassin - woman who drowned in Selkirk story was in Simcoe reformer. Lake Erie claims 3 just this week, 4 that I know of this month if you include the fisherman found off Pt. Maitland, then the 2? @ Pt. Stanley last month. Tragic! The lives of how many changed forever due to negligence, lack of thought.. Be safe out there folks! No fish nor swim with your life.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks