Off Topic Seafoam

JohnPK

Anyone know where you can buy Seafoam 4 liter cans for the best price? Saw some in Canadian Tire yesterday for 89.95 I believe it was. Actually not a full 4 liters...thinking 3.78 L or close. Canadian Tire had the small cans for 9.95 ...

Canadian Tire sells 3.78 L (US gal.) for $89.99 and only other place I found is CARQUEST Auto Parts on Wellington Rd. in London sells for $84.95.

Stabil every time just in case I get alchol in my boat instead of my glass and an extra shot before storage. Stabil was on sale. I hear good things about seafoam too. Cheap insurance just like the rat poison under the trailer.

If you Google Homebrew Seafoam, you can read about the active ingrediants in the fuel stabilzer.
Interesting read!
bd.

I'd just use stabil. Used seafoam fuel treatment in my car a few times. Fuel Mileage drops for the next couple tanks everytime.

Canadian Tire sells 3.78 L (US gal.) for $89.99 and only other place I found is CARQUEST Auto Parts on Wellington Rd. in London sells for $84.95.
Thanks for the info...will check out Carquest...I am north of Woodstock and I had thought I got it on sale there a couple years back. Will check. I use it in my boat, riding mower, kubota, blowers and tractor. Kubota was running rough last fall and a double dose of Seafoam brought it back into shape it seems.

If you Google Homebrew Seafoam, you can read about the active ingrediants in the fuel stabilzer.
Interesting read!
bd.
Very interesting read indeed bigdog. Would love to hear from anyone who has tried it. Seafoam is expensive stuff, but cheap when you look at replacement costs of engines.

A buddy of mine who worked at a marine shop had a Seaform rep come in to the shop to do a demo and the Johnson 2+4 performed better during the demo of the Seafoam I have been using it for years and have never had any issues.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks