Scouting

Gunner_1

has anyone been out scouting for turkey yet i'm seeing some but haven't
seen any toms strutting yet but heard some gobbling 3 days ago

Going to go out tomorrow and hopefully find out where they're at! My nephew has been asking about when turkey season starts so might have help scouting too lol. I've seen lot in the fields while out on drives so that's a positive sign(y) I'll be sure to post my results!!

Seen a few big groups still. Don't seem to be splitting up the flocks much yet. Bet they will still move around a lot before the end of the month.

Maybe this year is my year... Still trying 5th year in a row...

I have been watching a group of about 25 hens and juveniles. I saw them on the way to work this morning and the group is smaller and there were 3 strutters out there with them. I've scouted a couple of public woods and there are some birds out there. TC

Ya they are starting to strut now seen one tonight the flock i have been watching is getting smaller

Seen a few big groups still. Don't seem to be splitting up the flocks much yet. Bet they will still move around a lot before the end of the month.

Maybe this year is my year... Still trying 5th year in a row...

Hang in there WinSX3Tom it will happen

the birds have left the thick cedar bushes and havn't had any pictures at any of my deer feeders for last 12 days ...(still snow in the bush two days ago)
I am seeing them feeding in cut corn fields and up on higher field edges near hard woods........ still grouped up.....seeing 10-16 at a time

I have been getting single hens on my trail cams all week, I would say the flocks have broken up in my area! 17 more days....

I was out yesterday and still see a flock of hens but did see a tom strutting in a different place
it looks like ie might be a hard season .Lets hope not

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks