Sausage and Pepperettes

ohreally

Looking to have some Sausage and Pepperettes made up. Anyone have any suggestions on who is reasonable and reputable?
Thanks
Ohreally

i use this guy for alot he is in burford john opre 519-449-2934 shop.really good and prices are fair.

I recommend N.S. Martin near Atwood. Well worth the drive.Give Rebecca a call. Very professional and grea tasting.

NS Martin Processing Inc
6683 Line 71, Atwood, ON N0G 1B0
519-356-8870.

I take all my venison to DeKoning's outside of Port Dover. They make some of the best pepperettes and sausages I have ever tasted and they do it for a real good price! I know they get pretty busy around christmas, so I usually wait until the new year to take mine in.

why not invest in a meat grinder and smoker so you can do it yourself? it's nice being able to have whatever flavors you want and drying the meat to your preferred moisture content is an even bigger benefit. a few hundred dollar investment will save you a lot of money in the long run. plus you can make all kinds of other thing's...

i just made 15lbs of venison jerky and kippered venison yesterday with excellent results, as usual. :D

You took the word out of my mouth ch312 just want to add at less you know what in your meat and it is your meat and save money in the long run , grinder and a sausage press and there are lots of good recipes on the net , we made 120lbs of sausage and 20lbs summer sausage last week and this week we are make 120lbs of pepperettes.................apps

And if the investment is an issue, perhaps it could be split amongst the hunting group.

005.jpg

hey if there is a group of guys its a great idea to invest in some equipment last year we made 150 pounds of smoked sausage this year we made 60 pounds of pepperettes there is 6 of us we purchased a vertical stuffer this year and with everything it costs us 60 bucks per person . 3 years ago we sent in 3 skinned deer to be made into pepperettes it ended up costing us 1200 dollars you can buy alot of equipment for that . and there are tons of recipes out there .check out princess auto for your processing equipment thier quite reasonable .

you can get started pretty cheap really. 125 for the grinder, you can use anything from a cardboard box to a fridge to a bbq for a smoker, and another 50 for casings, salt, and seasonings. use the grinder with stuffer attachment or an inexpensive manual stuffer.

you can get started for 100-150 if buying used equipment.

ill post a pic of the grinder my grandfather rigged up. cheap and heavy duty...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks