Saturday Perching off Hastings

zxninja

On the Water at 8am. We fished 35, 40, 45, 50 & 53 fow with little success. With reported numbers being very low this season, we decided to make our way west towards Burwell. The numbers got better about half way to Burwell, but we had to move around. We finally found a decent school in 44fow and managed a decent haul of 65 nice sized Perch, total for the say was 82 between two of us. Seemed like the farther west we went the better and 40-45 fow held the most fish. Great first day on the big water, despite the hard work and searching it took. It was definitely not as easy as past years and took a bunch more fuel to find them.

I was also out of Hastings with my 14' Aluminum on Saturday morning in that awesome chop. 1 bite in 4 hours. Fished 30'-38'-45'-50'. Marking fish but nothing was hitting. Friday out of Hastings was much better fishing 48' and ended up with about 20 decent perch. VERY LIGHT BITE! I did notice the surface temp was 70 on Friday and only 66 Sat. Looks like we have quite a windy week ahead of us. Good luck folks.

I was also out of Hastings with my 14' Aluminum on Saturday morning in that awesome chop. 1 bite in 4 hours. Fished 30'-38'-45'-50'. Marking fish but nothing was hitting. Friday out of Hastings was much better fishing 48' and ended up with about 20 decent perch. VERY LIGHT BITE! I did notice the surface temp was 70 on Friday and only 66 Sat. Looks like we have quite a windy week ahead of us. Good luck folks.

Yeah.....far from glass like conditions, but at least it was consistent out there. We also found the bite pretty light....almost like dragging jigs for Walleye.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks