Fishing Report Saturday Feb 15 Niagra River / Lake Ont.

Thank you @Puddle Jumper . We were jigging lots of walleye on the upper side... I suppose you let them down and let the river flow do the rest eh... Never fished with roe/beads yet, too newbie for that :) but planning to go there this spring (which seem to may be start next weekend LOL). Thanks again.
You can use Streamers, salties or minnows
But I would think those would be better a month from now I would think.

Rainbows will start spawning anyday if not already.....so I would think roe or imitation eggs would produce better now.

Could also drift with quick fish or flat fish

Basically like weekend warrior? Said

3 way swivel and pencil weight is goto there
5-8' lead to hook ....12 -18" too weight
Would be starting point.....fish were tight to bottom last saturday

Thank you for this @Puddle Jumper . I was actually thinking of trolling... I will make another post on this, not to take this one's space.

Thank you @Puddle Jumper . We were jigging lots of walleye on the upper side... I suppose you let them down and let the river flow do the rest eh... Never fished with roe/beads yet, too newbie for that :) but planning to go there this spring (which seem to may be start next weekend LOL). Thanks again.
You want your weight bouncing bottom
As close to the boat as possible...to far out and you will snag....drag bottom to long and get snagged also

If you can be tapping bottom going up and down the holes you will get fish....
Use electric to slow boat down and lines under boat.

I have been there several times 10 years ago...and got a FEW fish ..... I probably learned more and caught double the fish in 1 day with a guide / charter than all my previous trips combined.

Between knowledge, unpredictability of river and abuse winter puts on boats, gear , trailer
Etc..... I will most likely go with guide every year during winter months and only DIY mid to end of April

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks