sat oct 15

ship wrecked

Went out for a shoot today got 1 mallard 2 pintail 1 wigeon.We were down by doctors innlet.Hundreds of cormorants out there.Was a sweet ride back to TP.

Oh they weren't to bad 4-5ft or so. I think the ride back from pottahawk 2 weeks ago was worse at least 5-6 ft.

Chis.....did the ride in from Big Rice Yesterday myself....Been out in worse but it was not pleasant at all. Glad I was in a Bankes 17 and not a 16ft tin boat for sure. Wind yesterday was too much of a good thing...even Slaughter Point was having trouble getting the birds.

I was out saturday morning by myself (my brother hid at home scared of the winds):D and I saw lots of ducks flying
I had my limit by 9:30
waves didn't seem too bad in the bay considering the really high winds, water level on the other hand was extremly high compared to last weekend
the 3 blinds around me did really bad though, 2 of them got skunked, and the other got 1 GW teal,they all did alot of shooting???
IMG_0348-1.jpg

When times are tough,
and flocks are small,
take your time,
and kill 'em all!

Nice stringer dicker!
Next time your brother cancels on you, Don't hesitate, give me a call!!!
I bet those ducks had a hard time workin' that crazy wind on sat., that or were breaking the sound barrier!
I've noticed guys do alot of shootin', but come back empty handed, alot of the time it's because they are shootin' crappy loads!
When they hit the ducks, it only wounds them, and they swim away before they can reach them
They should outlaw steel shot and mass produce hevi-shot & tungsten to make it affordable for everyone!

I was on slaughter pt how did you guys do at the cottage man the guys at thorofare had their work cut out getting back in they were packing up when I left and I saw you coming in from boathouse

Came in Friday night from Little Rice and It was a tough ride lots of spray in the face -got back in to cottage and found out I had maybe 20 oz of gas left in tank- maybe .Cutting it too close.Not a lot of birds flying for that wind .

Back