Sat Maitland Report

Fish farmer thanks for the report . There are not many reports from the Maitland area and we forget about our great fishery that we have here. Your post put me on some great fish last weekend , thank you .
I will make an honest attempt at putting up some posts myself.
Mike

not for a couple of weeks Dave! Had a lot of equipment failures, broke one rod ,lost 5 colour of leadcore.
Managed some how to tangle both rigger lines,and caught nothing but farm animals, :eek::eek::eek: .might try again Friday

not for a couple of weeks Dave! Had a lot of equipment failures, broke one rod ,lost 5 colour of leadcore.
Managed some how to tangle both rigger lines,and caught nothing but farm animals, :eek::eek::eek: .might try again Friday

Baaaaaaah. Friday will be your day Sam. ;)

It's about 5to6 miles out where were fishing, we stay in an area that I have marked on my GPS. Were not marking lots but the fish are there.We circle an area that goes 78 to 85 FOW.
As for camping with boat slips, I don't think there is any, There is camping places though, Bing, Rock Pt.,etc. I think Mike will fix you up at Mohawk Marine in Lowbanks to set a tent, he is on the water, plus has great food at The Hippo, I'd call first.[/

It's about 5to6 miles out where were fishing, we stay in an area that I have marked on my GPS. Were not marking lots but the fish are there.We circle an area that goes 78 to 85 FOW.
As for camping with boat slips, I don't think there is any, There is camping places though, Bing, Rock Pt.,etc. I think Mike will fix you up at Mohawk Marine in Lowbanks to set a tent, he is on the water, plus has great food at The Hippo, I'd call first.
sure would like to get gps co-ordinates I have been to from port maitland the last 3 weekands and have come home with no fish.

sure would like to get gps co-ordinates I have been to from port maitland the last 3 weekands and have come home with no fish.
Sorry Bill, I didn't realize we were out that far, not 6 miles, 8 miles out. I checked my GPS coordinates to my charts. I think I'll be going back out Sat. if it's not to rough.
Check your PM.

Last edited:
Thanks fishfarmer for initial post...fish are on bottem..70...85 ....fow....been running dipsys 175 feet lineout on #3setting seems best no riggers...got 5 today ...lost lots...had one peel line thought a bow....but ended up 6lb sheephead..lol.....helped someone out today..told him get on bottem..he had success after that.....

Thanks fishfarmer for initial post...fish are on bottem..70...85 ....fow....been running dipsys 175 feet lineout on #3setting seems best no riggers...got 5 today ...lost lots...had one peel line thought a bow....but ended up 6lb sheephead..lol.....helped someone out today..told him get on bottem..he had success after that.....
Got are limit today double headers..what a day....couldnt sit down...all fish on bottem 72 to 80 fow...had one peel 100 ft of line then spit hook on riplin redfin...i b dreaming about that tonight..

Well, I managed one eye and two nice silvers. In about the same depth of water.

They on bottem htmh. ...trolling 1.8 mph..five miles stright out from lighthouse...running over tips of fingers ..if u know area dipsys would tag bottom once and a while..

Got are limit today double headers..what a day....couldnt sit down...all fish on bottem 72 to 80 fow...had one peel 100 ft of line then spit hook on riplin redfin...i b dreaming about that tonight..
Way to go gilfisher, I'll be out there tomorrow, a few buds and myself 3 boats. hope to hit that lucky spot.

They on bottem htmh. ...trolling 1.8 mph..five miles stright out from lighthouse...running over tips of fingers ..if u know area dipsys would tag bottom once and a while..
That is exactly where I was fishing, but I was pulling body baits at 2.3 - 2.7 mph. Too fast?

Way to go gilfisher, I'll be out there tomorrow, a few buds and myself 3 boats. hope to hit that lucky spot.
Hope u do fish farmer ..once again thanks for your org post.. was the game changer..fish all on bottom hopefully they there next couple weeks...gotta work tmor..good luck tmor.

Hth
Hope u do fish farmer ..once again thanks for your org post.. was the game changer..fish all on bottom hopefully they there next couple weeks...gotta work tmor..good luck tmor.
hthm...too fast...1.8 mph...harness took 8 ripplin 4

Sorry Bill, I didn't realize we were out that far, not 6 miles, 8 miles out. I checked my GPS coordinates to my charts. I think I'll be going back out Sat. if it's not to rough.
Check your PM.
hi We were out today 8amto 330 pm marking some still on bottom only managed two sheephead . but was a great day on the water.

Check your PM.
Was out sat. No luck just two sheepshead .just new to using down riggers .I guess it will take time ,trial and error.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks