Sand hills perch

Fish Whisperer

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
3 people yesterday afternoon 2-1/2 hours 81 fish with 2 scoop minnows from big otter . 2 people fished while I put bait on for my wife and removed fish . 38 fow east of rock pile . Had great afternoon , lake was calm.

@Fish Whisperer I didn't know there was a rock pile out there. I just figured with sand, stone and clay bottom in the Hastings area it would be the same down that way with the clay banks. How deep down is the rock pile. I know if you are in close to Clear Creek and the cottages there is a gravel/rock bottom.

Great day at the Sandhills today. Fished from 7-9 o'clock. 2 man limit. Took a buddy (newbie) who's never fished a large body of water, He actually said the extent of his fishing career was with a Spider-Man rod and reel off a dock in the Lindsey area with his kids. Way easier for him to figure out when the fish are cooperating, took him about 20 min. before he started hauling double after double. Stayed in 41 fow.
Gonna go see if the smallies want to play with us in the bay on Saturday morning.

Took the wife and a buddy out to the barn yesterday. She wanted to go perch fishing, so after getting some tips from a few buds, we headed out if Burwell Got 70 keepers before she got tired and bored lol. So now that her boating season is officially over for this season, I can now get on with the business of why I even own a boat...... The down riggers are going on this afternoon. Time for some offshore action :)

Took the wife and a buddy out to the barn yesterday. She wanted to go perch fishing, so after getting some tips from a few buds, we headed out if Burwell Got 70 keepers before she got tired and bored lol. So now that her boating season is officially over for this season, I can now get on with the business of why I even own a boat...... The down riggers are going on this afternoon. Time for some offshore action :)
Was reading the thread.......read the first line of your message...almost fell on floor then realized it was the SILVER BARN on the lake...lol
Well done.....My wife is the same...perch fishing is fine...downrigging is boring.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks