Sanctuary Signs

ferg

Is it just me or are the "No Fishing" signs on the western limits of the bass sanctuary not in a straight line? They seem to be located hither, nither and all over the place. Maybe it was just a windy day when they were placed. It wouldn't be right for someone to get a fine for being inside one sign but outside another.

I also seen that but personally I'd rather be away from all of them to save my own ass. We stopped Sunday to let 3 outta the 6 boats at EC10 know it was a sanctuary and 1 guy flat out said "I'm not fishing" as he's tying a different lure on and had 4 other rods rigged ready to go in holders. Who has the authority to fine these people? If someone takes a picture of these people and reports their vessel registration numbers will anything happen??

Good job, Pinchel! Maybe we should take their picture and post it on this site somewhere. Might start a new report called" poacher pictures ". That might stir the pot a little. Drifting into the sanctuary won't happen if you are not " fishing the line".

Yes they are not where they should be draw a line from light house in st Williams straight across to little rice and that is the boundary if you are west of that you are good

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks