Fishing Report Salmon - Lake Ontario - Thursday, June 22nd

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Fished between Bronte and Port Credit with friends this morning. Pretty awesome! We landed 13 of 17 fish. 2 of the salmon were over 20 pounds and 10 of 13 were very respectable....12 Chinook and 1 Coho. Pictured below is Plaw64 (Paul) with our biggest and a pair of Chinook. The weather on Lake O was great with light winds and surface temps were in the low 50's F. We did encounter rain storms on the way home from Hamilton through Brantford and Waterford but I was back in sunny Simcoe by noon.

Congrats, thanks for the great post!

Where did you launch from ? Is Bronte public launch open yet ? it was closed last week so I went to the ship yard marina, but we didn't have any luck.....having a unlucky year so far....2 outing's = 2 skunks

I hope too get out Saturday afternoon/evening if weather allows it! I don't like asking! but I've been skunked twice! so if your willing to share any tips or starting points ? I would greatly appreciate it.

Wayne

Fished between Bronte and Port Credit with friends this morning. Pretty awesome! We landed 13 of 17 fish. 2 of the salmon were over 20 pounds and 10 of 13 were very respectable....12 Chinook and 1 Coho. Pictured below is Plaw64 (Paul) with our biggest and a pair of Chinook. The weather on Lake O was great with light winds and surface temps were in the low 50's F. We did encounter rain storms on the way home from Hamilton through Brantford and Waterford but I was back in sunny Simcoe by noon.

Those are very impressive numbers !! Those are the days to tell the grandkids about. Great job guys. Thanx for posting your results!! (y)

What depth were you fishing? I was there today too, but not even near to your score...
We were never deeper than 170 fow and basically fished under the floating debris where the fish seemed to be holding. The debris line ran west to east at varying distances from shore.

Hi puddle jumper check out spoonpullers Northshore and southshore reports some good advice on lures and colours ie bluegreen dolphin in magnum size,silver/green spoons,white/black moonshine spoons and green/black moonshine spoons.Also add an orange spoon to pickup some cohos.Hope this helps.

Was yet another great day on the water with the guys....And as usual the day didn't end at the dock (Nova Scotia bound smoked salmon)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks