Salmon lake O

Dunnster

Want to try lake O for salmon this weekend but have never been. Looking for some help on a good place to launch and fish. I will be traveling from the Burwell area so wondering St. Catherine's way or Oakville way.
Thanks for any help.

Fishermans Pier is where I launch . It is on eastport dr on the otherside of the lift bridge.

another for Fisherman's pier. The reports lately have not been great. Seems most fish are being caught out in the blue zone.

Lasalle Park is your closest launch and is free with a great ramp and usually adequate parking while only adding a few minutes to your boat ride. On calmer days a run to the blue zone can easily result in plenty of salmon and rainbows hitting the net. Not sure what depths people target at this time of year though as I typically fish Lake O in the spring when the trout and salmon are closer to shore.

I suppose the salmon will be starting to stage near river mouths any time now and towards the end of the month and into September you can troll near river mouths for great action close to shore.

Definitely hit up Spoonpullers for reports, rigging and info.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks