Salmon Lake O July 22nd Evening

simon sez

It was a toss up between trolling the Nanticoke Shoal or head out of Fisherman's Pier and try for kings. So we head to Hamilton and after helping a stranded boater we got our lines wet at around 6 pm. Set up in 130 fow and had our first king shortly after. A healthy #20. Lost a decent fish a bit later, then a shaker. This mark went dead for a while so we headed in shallower. Hit 90 fow and picked up a couple more shakers, then just before dark both riggers fire and we're doubled up on two #20+ kings. Managed to land both and dodge some ignorant trollers who needed to get 20 feet away from us, have a look then cut across our bow. I had to take the boat out of gear to avoid their lines. Packed up at 9:30. 6 outta 7 with 3 over 20lbs. All on riggers. Dipsys and leadcore didn't get a touch.

im just curious...what would you be trolling for if you went to nanticoke. i know i use to go in there for the silver/white perch/bass. but this year i went 5 times and there was nothing in the chutes. also i would like to take my two little cousins out tomorrow or thursday when the waters not as rough hopefully. whats hot for lure at lake O.

see you on the water,

lil will

Nanticoke shoal is a piece of structure people troll for Walleye there. The Nanticoke plant is a good spot but not the one referred to here.

Tight lines
Rob

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks