Fishing Report Saint Clair river 05-06

G.Mech

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Two of us launched at Sombra and fished south of Sombra and up near Mooretown. Boated over 20 walleye and a few bonus suckers c/w lamprey jigging between 7am-1pm. Kept 12 fish in the 18-24 range and the rest went back. Darker colours such as bluegill seemed best in the clear water which was 49 degrees. Most fish came in 18-24 fow. Beauty day and it was great to get out. IMG_20210506_1337139.jpg

IMG_20210506_1246381.jpg

Last edited:
happy star wars GIF by Hyper RPG

Awesome. Do you guys use heavier jigs then in Detroit there or 5/8 -3/4 also work in St Clair?
If you're fishing up at the bridge in sarnia, I don't think they make a jig heavy enough...the current is brutal. Downstream further the current is way less so 3/4-1oz is fine. We had no issues finding bottom with 3/4 oz even in 40+ feet of water. I don't really notice a big difference between DR and SCR except the water is much colder.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks