Sad day at homd today

Fshrmn4life

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
After 9.5 years of love, entertainment and the best friendship ever our best friend passed away this afternoon. Definitely gonna miss the cuddles, kisses, and devotion she put forth to always put smiles on our faces over the last 9.5 years :'-( Rest in peace young Sadie you'll be deeply missed.

Attachments

• 20150719_081236.jpg
    20150719_081236.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 20150701_090826-1.jpg
    20150701_090826-1.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 20150530_124021.jpg
    20150530_124021.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 20150517_094142-1.jpg
    20150517_094142-1.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 20150530_123913.jpg
    20150530_123913.jpg
    474.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 20170726_201223.jpg
    20170726_201223.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 66
  • 20170715_203807.jpg
    20170715_203807.jpg
    400 KB · Views: 79
After 9.5 years of love, entertainment and the best friendship ever our best friend passed away this afternoon. Definitely gonna miss the cuddles, kisses, and devotion she put forth to always put smiles on our faces over the last 9.5 years :'-( Rest in peace young Sadie you'll be deeply missed.
Sorry for your loss. :cry:

My wife and I can relate having recently made the tough decision to have our 17 yr old Siamese blue point put to sleep. We both still find ourselves looking for her periodically.

Thanks for the condolences @Trevor M definitely an extremely hard day definitely a very hard day ugh.
17 years, that's a long time and plenty of time to grow an extremely good relationship and show all their love for the ones that have become family to them and become part of our families. Sorry for your loss as well it's never easy

Sorry for your loss, the worst part about having dogs. 😥
So very true @Crummybun and that goes for any pet. For me it's always been dogs and have had and lost many best friends which they all have become over the years and well plain and simple it sucks. Being a long haul truck driver I am thankful as hell that yesterday I was actually fairly near home when I got the news that I could actually get home at the end of my day and rearrange my schedule to be with my family as well as our amazing family member who's time had unfortunately come.

If it should be that I grow weak
and pain should keep me from my sleep. Then you must do what must be done, for this last battle cannot be won.
You will be sad, I understand. Don't let your grief then stay your hand. For this day more than all the rest, your love for me must stand the test.
We've had so many happy years, what is to come can hold no fears. You'd not want me to suffer so. The time has come, please let me go.
Take me where my needs they'll tend and please stay with me until the end. Hold me firm and speak to me, until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time that you will see,
the kindness that you did for me. Although my tail its last has waved, from pain and suffering I've been saved.
Please do not grieve it must be you who had this painful thing to do. We've been so close, we two, these years. Don't let your heart hold back its tears.

Thanks everyone for the condolences definitely not going to be easy for a bit not being welcomed home at the end of the work week and smothered with her love on my weekends off

I lost my father, my very close FiL, and very close BiL all within two weeks of each other, none of that came close to when our kitty died. I uncontrollably balled my eyes out like I was a little kid for weeks.

I'm not sure how our beloved pets creep into our hearts so deeply but the pain of their loss sure indicates the love/ bond was real.

My heart goes out to you and family.

May Sadie always have water to play in, dirt to dig, sticks to retrieve, hugs and kisses.

When I lived out west and started driving truck, I took my dog with me many times. (the one in the second picture. My dog but the kids named her Stormee because it was storming when we picked her up. Border Collie mixed with a golden retriever) She'd curl up around the stick and when I had to put it in reverse she'd growl at me for interrupting her nap. Why she chose there instead of the bunk always made me laugh.

I had her put to sleep after she got hit by a car when my ex's daughter took her out without the leash and the vet wanted $3500 "right now or I'm not touching her any more than I already have." Of course we didn't have it, and when he said "if you want to be with her, it's $250, if not we do it for free." My ex and 2 of our 3 kids held me back. I was going over the counter after the greedy sick S.O.B.

The other one is Rascal. She's was a Border Collie mixed with a sheppard. I left her with the Edmonton SPCA when I moved back here because I couldn't bring her with. She was adopted out a couple days later.

Third picture is me trying to watch a hockey game out west and the kids cats decided curling up on the back of the couch like that would mean they were protected from the kids for a while lol.

The fourth picture is Cleopatra. She was the 17 year old kitty we recently lost. The last picture is Nefertidi, Cleopatra's sister. We lost her 7 years ago.

Attachments

• Rascal growed up.jpg
    Rascal growed up.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Stormee and me.jpg
    Stormee and me.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 12
  • da cats ( cookie, precious and shadow).jpg
    da cats ( cookie, precious and shadow).jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Cleopatra cuddling.jpg
    Cleopatra cuddling.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Nefertidi on my lap unusal but not unheard of (1).jpg
    Nefertidi on my lap unusal but not unheard of (1).jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 11
Well, this is sad news my friend
I am so sorry for your loss
It’s been almost 3 years since we lost Stella and I still can’t think too hard about her without losing my shit. One of my many toxic traits are grieving for Maple who is perfectly healthy alive and well probably stretched out in the couch at home while typing this I have terrible nightmares of the day when I have to say goodbye to her. Just reading your post and watching this video has me all choked up.

My thoughts are with you and your family at this time!
Please reach out if you need to vent!

IMG_8787.jpeg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks