Rude Boaters who should know better

Consequence Free

Went out of Burwell today to make my first fishing at Hastings. Had a great time....lots of jumbos early. Ended up with only 5 lbs. of fillets for 4 hours.....but when we finally called it a day, we headed back up the Otter to Bradfield's Marina, where there were a couple of boats ahead of us waiting to get in. As we waited 3 other boats followed in behind us and waited patiently, when this aluminum boat of 3 fishermen, ALL no younger than 65, decided to head up to the front of the line, waited, and took the next spot. When I shouted out "the line starts back here", I got a look like "wtf are you talking about" and continued on their way. I hope those dicks read this forum....I don't care how old or young you are, have some @#$*ing couth and follow common courtesy. I am simply in awe of stupidity!

On a positive note, congrats to the guys who brought in the poor fellas who were out in 60 fow when their boat broke down. Kudos to you! (Hope you guys are reading as well, and get the credit you deserve.)
Ken

very frustrating when that happens had the same thing happen to me at the old cut last week some people have very little common courtesy or boat ramp etiquette!

These people just don't give a shit about anybody else and hopefully someday will be put in there place

Same happened to me a week ago. Was just ready to get my trailer and some guy that jumped the line of about 12 boats, backed in and loaded up. Left 3 nice dents in my boat and screwed off before I could pull out.

Funny how often it happens...and funny how often these guys go to get their trailer at the end of the day and find a flat tire.
Probably lots of people here that remember the old Port Glascow dog and pony show in the 90's...the line ups out to the highway, the long hill coming down to the ramps. 200 boats on a Sat am, the occassional shoving/shouting match, a couple of black eyes.
This might be a good basis for a reality TV show..Ramp Wars...:punch:

Life would be so much simpler if people just slowed down and waited their turn. Thankfully most do.

Funny how often it happens...and funny how often these guys go to get their trailer at the end of the day and find a flat tire.
Probably lots of people here that remember the old Port Glascow dog and pony show in the 90's...the line ups out to the highway, the long hill coming down to the ramps. 200 boats on a Sat am, the occassional shoving/shouting match, a couple of black eyes.
This might be a good basis for a reality TV show..Ramp Wars...:punch:
LMAO!

Life would be so much simpler if people just slowed down and waited their turn. Thankfully most do.
Porkpie,
You're right....most people DO show courtesy....and I guess I should have emphasized that in my initial post. In fact, the group of guys behind us were talking up a storm with us as we all waited and were just as flabbergasted when they saw these old farts butting in. Just frustrating.

The real issue is weekend wariors who can't back their trailer down the ramp. Back down pull boat get out of the way, then strap you boat down. But back down first try not 10th and if you can't ask someone who can. That why I avoid public ramps as much as possible.

towing.jpg swimming.jpg Yeah that is just rude. We were the guys that towed in the group of elderly men. Their water pump busted out there. Not fun. We had 3- 8 year old boys with us on our way back from hastings...great lesson to teach our boys about water safety....they will remember it for sure as it is a bit of a long ride back. They had fun though. We let them drive all the way back and they just figured we were on a rescue mission.
We pulled them in to Bradfields (we were out of Otter) as we approached dock there was a line up and all the guys thought it was OK for these guys to jump the line...except for one group of grumpies who thought we were rude for even suggesting it. GET A LIFE!
These guys were from dover and very nice. They said they would compensate us right from the start....which we refused....but as we helped them off the boat...they threw $50 bucks on the floor.
On a side note we managed 150 great perch out of hastings and for any of you that saw us....our boys were the ones swimming by the boat!

View attachment 2613 View attachment 2613

View attachment 2614 View attachment 2615 Yeah that is just rude. We were the guys that towed in the group of elderly men. Their water pump busted out there. Not fun. We had 3- 8 year old boys with us on our way back from hastings...great lesson to teach our boys about water safety....they will remember it for sure as it is a bit of a long ride back. They had fun though. We let them drive all the way back and they just figured we were on a rescue mission.
We pulled them in to Bradfields (we were out of Otter) as we approached dock there was a line up and all the guys thought it was OK for these guys to jump the line...except for one group of grumpies who thought we were rude for even suggesting it. GET A LIFE!
These guys were from dover and very nice. They said they would compensate us right from the start....which we refused....but as we helped them off the boat...they threw $50 bucks on the floor.
On a side note we managed 150 great perch out of hastings and for any of you that saw us....our boys were the ones swimming by the boat!

View attachment 2613 View attachment 2613
These were NOT the old men I'm referring to. In fact, we were the boat that when you requested if you could bump ahead of us, we said YES, BY ALL MEANS! I'm talking about the idiots thereafter, who came under their OWN power and right after you GENEROUSLY dropped off the stranded boat. Way to go!

I was out this morning as well missed all the action I guess ,,,,got a good 10lb of perch fillets today ,it was a great day with a ton of very big perch ,,Dutch

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks