Rod reccomendation

Porkpie

On my last weeks fishing trip, I snapped the tip on 2 rods, for no apparent reason, right below the top guide, clean breaks. One was a rapala north coast, the other a fenwick HMX. This is the 3rd HMX that has just fallen apart on me. I've also had at least one rapala break for no apparent reason previously. I've never had another failure that wasn't been my fault directly in at least 30 years. I'm looking for 2 replacement 8.5-9 foot cork handle casting/trolling rods capable of pulling mini dipsys and jet 20/30's. I also run them with planer boards and snap weights. Any ideas would be appreciated, looking to keep it to around $100 per Rod if possible. I have an 8.5 st croix wild river that is great but the price has gone up considerably on the same rod now, and it's a bit tough to swallow for a rod that's trolling 95% of the time.

I'm happy with the new Rapala Magnum trolling rods I bought this year. Fuji heavy duty locking ring custom reel seat with black nickel hoods, Fuji Alconite guides, E-Glass RAGE Matrix Construction and high density EVA handles that seem tougher than any cork handles I have had on many rods. At $89.95 and free shipping over $99 from Rapala they are an exceptional rod at that price in my opinion.

https://rapala.ca/products/magnum-trolling

Thanks waverunner,

I'd really prefer cork handled rods. I use these for bottom bouncing as well, and I prefer the feel when I'm trolling with a rod in hand. I appreciate the info. I have a magnum dipsy rod and so far so good.

I had both of my original Okuma rod tips snap. I just had end tips put on them as was.

Doesn't seem to feel any different and now they help with dipsy separation.

Longest rods outside, shortened inside those rods.

And a normal person would do just that. Unfortunately my mild OCD causes things like that to drive me nuts. One of my buddies will likely benefit from a couple of slightly shorter rods free of charge.

Was thinking the same as hvyhaul retip them.Finding a trolling rod with a cork handle and under a 100 dollars will be almost impossible.Have seen Steve at Lambeth tackle do them while you wait.You will never know the difference on most cases.

And a normal person would do just that. Unfortunately my mild OCD causes things like that to drive me nuts. One of my buddies will likely benefit from a couple of slightly shorter rods free of charge.

LOL, too funny. :D

For me $15 would win every time. :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks