Rod holder for aluminum boat

Bay_Fishing

Looking for a rod holder for aluminum boat. I don't want to screw one to the seat I'm looking for one to clamp on the side rail
Any suggestions or advise will help a lots thanks Bay_Fishing

I second the down East rod holders if you are just looking for something to clamp onto your boat they work really well

I used them on my boat. Sold the boat, kept the rod holders. They worked for me.

Thanks guys looking into them. Do you both use these?

Yes, see bottom left of photo :)

DSC_0265.jpg

Very easy...get a 6 inch c clamp weld a piece of 1 1/4" ID pipe on it at right angle . Paint up and you have a cheap mobile rod holder. I use these on the small boats or rentals works awesome

I have an aluminum boat and use Scotty rod holders but instead of using the standard base, use a flush mount base. Then when you aren't using it, there is only a 1/4 inch high piece of plastic there.

Go with the down east salty double clamp holders. From dipseys to large musky plugs you can't go wrong. I place a neoprene pad cut from old waders over the gunnel before I clamp mine down. Never moves an inch, but protects the gunnel from damage and clamp marks.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks