RIP Barry Nash

DaveJ

He was a good one...

Thanks for posting @DaveJ but sorry to hear, Barry was a great guy and fun to be with. First met him around 1974 at the Ford plant when he was a close friend of my late father-in-law (1992). Hunted and fished with him many times through the years but have not seen him in a very long time. He loved his Golden retrievers and bred one of his with my father-in-law's Golden Missy. He also helped me training my Black Lab who got so good he outperformed both Goldens during numerous times we duck hunted together. I still laugh over the time we were salmon fishing side by side with the Blue Goose which at that time was a 20 ft. Wilker if I remember right. My son was hanging over the side throwing up and Barry yelled over "Hey Bob chumming is not fair!" LOL! I'm sure he will be missed by many, RIP Barry.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting @DaveJ but sorry to hear, Barry was a great guy and fun to be with. First met him around 1974 at the Ford plant when he was a close friend of my late father-in-law (1992). Hunted and fished with him many times through the years but have not seen him in a very long time. He loved his Golden retrievers and bred one of his with my father-in-law's Golden Missy. He also helped me training my Black Lab who got so good he outperformed both Goldens during numerous times we duck hunted together. I still laugh over the time we were salmon fishing side by side with the Blue Goose which at that time was a 20 ft. Wilker if I remember right. My son was hanging over the side throwing up and Barry yelled over "Hey Bob chumming is not fair!" LOL! I'm sure he will be missed by many, RIP Barry.
Sorry to hear about Barry. I remember the Blue Goose as well, Barry started chartering around the same time as I did and was a great guy. I remember towing in the Blue Goose who broke down out of Port Stanley many years ago and Barry offered to pay for my gas but I refused and told him to return the favour to someone else and he did about a week later towing in someone else's boat. He was a nice guy.

Sorry to hear about Barry. I remember the Blue Goose as well, Barry started chartering around the same time as I did and was a great guy. I remember towing in the Blue Goose who broke down out of Port Stanley many years ago and Barry offered to pay for my gas but I refused and told him to return the favour to someone else and he did about a week later towing in someone else's boat. He was a nice guy.
I figured you would know him Wayne being a charter guy yourself. I don't know if you knew this but Barry used to get quite green at times like some of his customers as he was prone to getting seasick himself. It didn't stop him from chartering though he just kept working through it. Reminded me of the 6 deck hands on a charter I was on out of Destin Florida who were all throwing up while trying to bait the lines for customers who were also hanging over the side rails. LOL!

I figured you would know him Wayne being a charter guy yourself. I don't know if you knew this but Barry used to get quite green at times like some of his customers as he was prone to getting seasick himself. It didn't stop him from chartering though he just kept working through it. Reminded me of the 6 deck hands on a charter I was on out of Destin Florida who were all throwing up while trying to bait the lines for customers who were also hanging over the side rails. LOL!
And yes I did know that Barry was prone to get an upset belly at times and his buddy Doug (Also a Charter Guy) would tease him about it.

I knew Barry when he ran Charters out of Port Stanley when there was 2 Coho Derbies there. In fact I sent an Email to Barry at Triple Threat Lures on July 15th with the Subject: Correct me if I am wrong but this sure looks like Barry back in 1980.

Black and white photograph used in St. Thomas Times-Journal article published July 10, 1980 with caption: " John Hansmenn of London shows off the salmon he caught last night while on a fishing expedition on Lake Erie. The first annual Lake Erie Salmon Trout Fishing Derby is on this week and closes Sunday at noon. The fish are weighed in at Stan's Marina in Port Stanley."

The Reply:

Yes! You are correct. That’s him! I’m pretty sure he still has the original newspaper article with this photo.

Regards

Lee Anne (Barry’s daughter)

My Reply:

Lee Anne,

Hope Barry is doing well. I knew Barry from back in those times. That PIC possibly could of been his first Charter Boat. That you will have to check with him. I found that PIC here: From the Elgin County Archives Heritage Collections. That makes Barry Heritage.

Hope Tripe Threat Lures is doing well.

No further communication but will be sending a condolence message to Lee Ann and family.

Attachments

• MAYBE BARRY 1980.png
    MAYBE BARRY 1980.png
    492 KB · Views: 23
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks