Rice Lake

the General

Hi guys. heading to Rice Lake this Saturday for a week of fishing, and oh yeah vacation time with the missus. Is there a chat room out there I can check out. I can only find one that doesn't seem to have any activity after 2012. Thanks for the help.

You might want to go to the OFAH websight ,go to "fishing 101" you should be able to get any info you need there
Sorry STOMP ,for mentioning another websight .:doctor::doctor::doctor:.

Hi guys. heading to Rice Lake this Saturday for a week of fishing, and oh yeah vacation time with the missus. Is there a chat room out there I can check out. I can only find one that doesn't seem to have any activity after 2012. Thanks for the help.
Not sure about a chat room but if yiu are looking for fishing info.....there is a sunken rail way bed that crosses the lake start there. It holds walleye largemouth and Muskie and loads of pan fish. There are some isolates pockets of smallies near the few rocky shoals . Bucktails jigs for walleyes. ..cranks and weedless worms will get the bass. If you like fishing docks..rice is one of the best

Thanks for the input. I found the chat room, Kawartha Lakes and then you just choose the lake that you want to join the chat room for. You need an account but no bigee.

As a child I used to fish that rail bed a lot if you can get on it your golden. There is also a island with a lookout on it dunno if it's still there we used to fish a lot on the south side .

I just put Kawartha Lakes in my search engine and got sex cams what are you fishing for ???lol I would like to find lakes around south river and hoped the site you mentioned would help me???

I worked up that way last summer and fished rice a lot
I would launch from birds all lane then head south u will see a small island on the left and a red chanles marker on the right if the wind is blowing cross ways from marker to island drift with bottom bouncer and worm harness if the wind is from the north go a little further an fish along the weed bed on the left I used a black buck tail jig and ripped it hard like a 2 foot hop I caught my limet every time I was out that is walleye and there is a slot size there
u will most likely hook a couple big big toothy critters I landed 11 muskey all over 40 inches in the same areas I was just telling u there is only like 13 feet of water have a great trip

@the General , i am trying to register for the kawartha anglers form that you referenced above, as i am making two trips up to Buckhorn ( lovesick lake ) and one trip to rice lake yet this summer. i know you have nothing to do with the site, but did you have any trouble getting registered? the question about " what is your favorite Kawartha lake" i have tried a bunch of different lakes, ie rice, buckhorn, Rice Lake, Buckhorn lake, pigeon and Pigeon Lake....... i keep getting an error saying i didn't answer the question properly. did you have any issues with this field? or am i just really lucky!!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'm not sure what i did differently this time, but after about 8 tries it let me in........

Last edited:
I had no problems registering but still waiting for administrator to activate account, been 3-4 days and no email. I used rice as my favorite lake. Did you receive the activation email fish4fun??

yes i received an email almost instantly. hope you have good luck....... honestly the forum is no where as good as this one. very few posts and replies..... keep up the good work here all!

Back