Off Topic Rice lake info

Teddy69

Hey all taking my family to rice lake in July I’ve never fished that lake before we’re staying at south view cottages just wondering if anyone can give some advice on where to get started thanks

My brother in law's family went there pre-covid lots of crappie, and jig in 17 fow near weeds for walleye that's all the info I got on Rice Lake hope that helps.

Hey all taking my family to rice lake in July I’ve never fished that lake before we’re staying at south view cottages just wondering if anyone can give some advice on where to get started thanks
Rice Lake: head out south east fish between Sheep and Black islands. 15’-19’FOW jigs tipped with minnows or worm harness bottom bouncer worked like a charm last June. I stayed at Gores landing.

I've fished that lake for 25 years. We flat line troll mostly between upper and lower Foley islands. Huge weed line that runs out towards the channel and the tip of Hickory Island. We run right on.the edge of.that weed line. 12 -14 feet of water. Hot and tots, J-11 silver/black, single hook worm harness with jig tail tipped with worm. Tails black.,Chartreuse and white. All setups with 1 ounce split shot 2 feet up line and about 50 feet of line behind boat. We use level wind reels and count 14-16 counts on the spool going out. If it's too wind to troll drift fishing in same area with jigs tipped with worms work well, Erie deries. There is a slot size up there as well only four walleye per day. 13.9 to 20 inches. If your lucky you may get into the odd muskie too. If you stick with it . It will produce just got be patient. Not as fast and furious as Erie. Fish seem to either get shut down or pick up.with different weather fronts up there. Hope you get em!

Rice Lake: head out south east fish between Sheep and Black islands. 15’-19’FOW jigs tipped with minnows or worm harness bottom bouncer worked like a charm last June. I stayed at Gores landing.
I've fished that lake for 25 years. We flat line troll mostly between upper and lower Foley islands. Huge weed line that runs out towards the channel and the tip of Hickory Island. We run right on.the edge of.that weed line. 12 -14 feet of water. Hot and tots, J-11 silver/black, single hook worm harness with jig tail tipped with worm. Tails black.,Chartreuse and white. All setups with 1 ounce split shot 2 feet up line and about 50 feet of line behind boat. We use level wind reels and count 14-16 counts on the spool going out. If it's too wind to troll drift fishing in same area with jigs tipped with worms work well, Erie deries. There is a slot size up there as well only four walleye per day. 13.9 to 20 inches. If your lucky you may get into the odd muskie too. If you stick with it . It will produce just got be patient. Not as fast and furious as Erie. Fish seem to either get shut down or pick up.with different weather fronts up there. Hope you get em!
My son was asking me where you want to live apart from Brampton. I say wherever near the lakes ;-)

Get a good map. There are sunken railroad tracks just south of the otanabee river and with the water level a little lower this year you may not clear them but there is a clearly marked channel through them. Fishing is great there , bass , walleye and panfish for days. Find a good transition of weed beds and water and you’ll catch them all. The tracks are fishable with lots of rock , they hold the smallmouth and walleye sometimes.

Back