Off Topic Rest In Peace Grandpa Potts

Derkd9

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Thank you for passing on your love for the outdoors… every time I go into the woods or out on the water I will be thinking of you.

D84171E6-4DA0-4D58-9DCF-90A90E12492E.jpeg8DBB10DF-6DE6-438F-A6B1-F6DFD5D3E51C.jpeg959503B6-B0F2-498B-A586-BFE68C0086C6.jpeg0EA7B901-B6F5-41D8-ADD4-CE9786F9CB70.jpeg

Sorry for your loss @Derkd9 my grandfather also played an integral role in my love for the outdoors. I'm a few years older than you, my childhood photo is me holding a stubby bottle of schooner

Sorry for your loss @Derkd9

I never knew either of my Grandpa/Granda.

As much as it hurts, consider yourself incredibly fortunate to have been able to spend the time you had.

Sorry to hear this, he drank the right brand of beer I see.

My condolences @Derkd9. I'll share something with you that I've been sharing with others for years now that my dad told me when I had my first experience with the passing of a loved one or close friend when I was 10.

He said to me, "I know this hurts but he isn't lost. We know where he is. He will live on in our hearts and our minds, and although he is no longer physically here with us as we want him to be, so long as just one person remembers him, he will live forever." Having a large family, and having had many friends pass away, while it doesn't diminish the immediate pain and sense of loss felt with the passing of a loved one or friend, over time I have come to find that there is great comfort in what my dad told me all those years ago. I hope that it will give you some comfort as well.

Remember the good times and he will be smiling down on you. You can't take away the love of a Grandpa. RIP..

Sorry for the loss of your grandfather Derk. I'm glad you have many fond memories as I never got to know either of my grandfathers. My father's dad was killed in an accident at the Dutton Mill before I was even born and my mother's dad died of a heart attack when I was only 3. I wish I had the treasured memories you have to hold of your grandpa for the rest of your life. Cherish them.

Sorry for your loss @Derkd9. I was probably 5 when my poppa passed away don't remember much of him , but i do remember taking him his newspaper in the mornings, he would be waiting on his porch smoking his tobacco pipe and would put me on his lap and read me the funnies .

Sorry for your loss Derkd9. I never got to meet either of my Grampas. My dads father died from Stomach cancer before I was born and my mothers dad was gassed to death in the back of a truck by the Germans in the second world war. He was a fighter pilot in the RAF. Cherish the memories you have buddy because there quite a few of us that don't have any. Prayers sent.

Sorry for your loss @Derkd9. Condolences to your and your family from my family to yours. Definitely looks like you guys shared some good times along with some good laughs also while enjoying the sport we love so much all while creating some great memories at the same time!!!

Sorry for your loss Derkd and would have liked to have meet you at Collins, we probably had passed at one point that day.
It's nice to put faces to the names on here.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks