Report for Sunday the 9th

Walleye

Hi all.

Number One and I picked up a scoop of Jimmy's finest and hit the Bay. We set up 1/2 mile straight out of the Cut so about a 35 degree line left of the main trail out to the group of huts by 15:10. We were in 4.5 feet of clear water with 15 inches of clear ice. Sweet. On a weed bed and no current.

Number one intimated to me that she would not be coming out again this year if we didn't catch anything. So I got her lines in without her knowing she had no bait. She did however catch me dropping my last line with no bait. Bummer. Just joking of course. I mean about the bait.

We caught about 30 fish and kept 8 10 inchers.

Three strange things though. I never use live swimming minnows always cutting them in half. After 30 minutes no bites and no tire kickers. So I says to myself, and I knew it was me because I recognised my own voice. Try something different. So I hooked up one livey and let him/her swim. Sure enough in comes a Perch and takes it. We went with it and sure enough all fish caught were on the liveys. Never saw this before.

Second strange thing. We had two different Pike come right under the ice almost up the hole. One was about 5 and the other about 3. I am a Non pikester so in both cases I used the slush scoop to tap them so they would leave and they did.

Stupid Tablet. Sorry.

The third strange thing was that the 8 fish we kept all were Males.

Cheers, Clark

Definitely one of the most entertaining reports I have read well done!...and number 1

Good going man, and lady. My wife usually has one on before I have my line in the water, soft or hardwater. I've never had luck with anything but live bait on the bay. And on Simcoe only cut bait or Perch eyeballs. Both work on Nippissing depending on the day. Good to hear better reports of fish being caught.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks