Reply from Ministry re Aircraft disturbance on bass spawning beds

I'm not saying the planes don't cause harm, I am simply someone who relies on facts rather than assumptions. I'll reserve my opinion until I see some facts on the matter.

No need for anyone to get in a tissy. :love:
Who is in a tiss ??!!! What further facts are needed? They obviously know there is a issue because they offered up.some like of statement. Did you expect them to admit guilt? Not gonna happen. Facts we do know .plane was used for testing repeatedly in a sensitive spawning area during critical times many seasoned fisherman report smallies were gone from the bay before opening day despite water temps being ok at that time.
Are you looking for the bass to tell why they left early? You may rely on facts I rely on common sense. I think we may see the negative results of this is the upcoming seasons. Thanks to all above who expressed concerns over this .

Who is in a tiss ??!!! What further facts are needed? They obviously know there is a issue because they offered up.some like of statement. Did you expect them to admit guilt? Not gonna happen. Facts we do know .plane was used for testing repeatedly in a sensitive spawning area during critical times many seasoned fisherman report smallies were gone from the bay before opening day despite water temps being ok at that time.
Are you looking for the bass to tell why they left early? You may rely on facts I rely on common sense. I think we may see the negative results of this is the upcoming seasons. Thanks to all above who expressed concerns over this .

The only facts we have are there were airplanes and they were landing in the water. Those are the only two facts you have and everything else is purely speculation and assumption. Now, seeing as assumptions and what you deem to be common sense are simply opinions, could you please share some facts to support your "common sense".

Facts thus far:

-airplanes were landing in the water
-the area is a sanctuary

That sure is a long list of valuable information to form an opinion....

Last edited:
It sure does. It's a sanctuary for spawning bass. In this sanctuary there are spawning beds. These most likely were disrupted by your mentioned airplane(s). This was done at absolute critical timing. Another key fact. This area is vital, hence the sanctuary. Fact. Did they drive out all the bass ? Probably not All. Did they have a impact . Absolutely. Enough of a concern for them to issue a statement after many seasoned anglers with a wealth of experience on the bay ( 25 plus years) noticed and complained and were able to put 2 and 2 together.

Opinions can be formed on logic or instinct.
Here its clearly logic . Heck there is even process of elimination here.

You are free to believe what you wish just like the rest of us ...some just dont need to be told by others( right or wrong) to develop an understanding. Sometimes you have to call the duck a DUCK!

Now I am off to chase some fall musky up north . Good luck .

Yes you are correct. I certainly avoid the area in pre spawn and spawn. The use of a 16 foot bass boat passing over a bed on the way to deeper water however much different than a large turbine powered plane repeatedly landing and taking over over protected spawning habitat. The effects were clearly felt this year especially with the smallies. Hopefully they wise up. I agree with above fully.
What effects were noticed?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks