Replacing keel roller on boat trailor

Leftys Buoy

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I am replacing my keel roller on my bunk trailer. I've had conflicting advice as to the size of roller I should get. Should the roller support some of the weight when boat is loaded on trailer or should there be a space between the bottom of the boat and the roller. {The roller is right at the back of the trailer}. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks Dave.

on a bunk trailer typicaly the bunks support all the wieght and that roller at the back frame rail on trailer is for saving the keel of your boat if it should happen to hit when loading or launching......if you need some more ideas next time your at the launch check out some of the other trailers there and have a look see thats about the best advice i can give ya on that topic......tigt lines dave

Get R Done!! on the water or in the blind

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks