Off Topic Replacements

scrimmy

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Very impressed with Great Lakes Spoons customer service. I sent them a picture of a few spoons that the paint was coming off and they quickly sent me a few replacements and a few extra.

Attachments

• replacements.jpg
    replacements.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 63
Well funny thing, the spoon on the right caught me a squat over 2 years trying :) and the bandit in the same colors caught me tons :)
go figure

Well funny thing, the spoon on the right caught me a squat over 2 years trying :) and the bandit in the same colors caught me tons :)
go figure
I am a firm believer in colour of the lure is the least important thing to consider. Action followed by speed and depth compared to where the fish are, are most important and only then will the colour of the lure matter.

I’ve got a bunch of GLS. Very happy with them, I’ve had no paint issues. Emailed them and answered very quickly. Top notch company.

I am a firm believer in colour of the lure is the least important thing to consider. Action followed by speed and depth compared to where the fish are, are most important and only then will the colour of the lure matter.
I agree, on action and depth but the other 4 spoons I caught fish and not only in Erie (I dont have the Italian wonderbread -3rd on the left in your pic). Only this purple with chart spot is not producing for some reason.

I agree, on action and depth but the other 4 spoons I caught fish and not only in Erie (I dont have the Italian wonderbread -3rd on the left in your pic). Only this purple with chart spot is not producing for some reason.
Don't be too quick to blame the colour, your spoon may have a slightly different bend in it making the action a bit different. I have caught many fish on that spoon so I would put it in the water beside a known fish catcher and look at the action of both side by side.

Don't be too quick to blame the colour, your spoon may have a slightly different bend in it making the action a bit different. I have caught many fish on that spoon so I would put it in the water beside a known fish catcher and look at the action of both side by side.
I ll give it a shot next season but I even had it made in both hex and fish scale spoon blanks - was so confident in that color patters and zilch so far for both ;) Even have a silver back one ,and it also caught nada on Georgian bay);) but there I didnt try it much -one rod - one chance

am a firm believer in colour of the lure is the least important thing to consider. Action followed by speed and depth compared to where the fish are, are most important and only then will the colour of the lure matter.
I agree Wayne. As you know I rarely use anything except harnesses and many times I use black beaded harnesses with black hatchet or cupped blades. Down 50 feet where it’s already dark. The thump or noise created by the blade. Speed I’m not sure of because I always troll 1.4 up to 1.8 mph.
Everyone has their own favourites and as long as it’s putting fish on ice then stick to it.
I bought 500 worms at the start of the season and think I might still have 100 left if anyone needs worms.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks