Fishing Report Remember my post from Monday? Worse today :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 5866
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5866

Caught 9 yellows, only 1 big enough to keep. 2 Silver bass, and 4 sheephead. Nobody else was doing any better on perch off the pier or the beach.

That up there ^^^^ is part of my report from Monday. I told someone today that I would post a report when I got home saying I caught 20 today. Didn't say 20 what tho. Well.......yeah nope...not even close. If you read my post on Monday, take the walleye caught by others on Monday out of the mix and it was the same thing today, only worse. 4 yellows, only 1 worth keeping, (that I gave away) and 4 sheephead. A bite every hour and a half maybe. I was there from 6:30am-4pm. Saw someone else walk away with 3, none of which could be considered jumbo's. Only saw a couple other yellows worth keeping, and a few nice white perch and silver bass. In short, it appears that at least for the time being, the yellows have gone deep again and stayed there :eek::cry: Hopefully they come back the day my wife and I go next week, (still not sure which day that will be.)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a tough day Trevor. Some where doing not bad on perch today in the boats off the pumping station at Stanley in about 30 fow. Hopefully next time down they will be there for you. :)

I'm still waiting for some photos from Darren to do a post on fishing today as I forgot my camera this morning. He's not quite sure how to send them from his phone so it may be tomorrow or who knows. :D

I heard some of the boats were doing really well for both perch and walleye this morning. (someone had a scanner or hand held radio on the pier this morning so we were getting a play by play of sorts for a while from some of the boats) Despite 2 tough days this week, I had fun, didn't get skunked and I've already exceeded last year's numbers in perch caught and kept and total fish caught, so I've had a decent year (so far)

I hope they're there next time down too. My wife will be with me and I'd like a repeat of sorts of last year. She got 5 before I could get my line in the water last year lol. (this year my line goes in first :LOL:) It would be nice if she could hook into something BIG tho.

Ya it's nice having that handheld it gives you a nice idea where they are catching the fish at and what they are using

Maybe, but like I said when you were there, I wouldn't want one, that would absolutely drive me nuts sitting on a pier knowing I don't have a boat so there is no way I could get to the depth range most of the boats have been going to get either perch or walleye successfully, and I already know what those general depth ranges are, and the better locations to go to, I just don't have the boat to do it. (yet)

If I had a boat, I'd be using it because 1) it cost a lot of money to buy and 2) if I owned a boat, why would I be sitting on a pier unless that boat was not seaworthy and if it wasn't seaworthy, I'd be doing everything humanly possible (and affordable) to get that boat back in the water, otherwise, it's an incredibly expensive paperweight and a complete waste of the money spent to buy it, and if I let that happen, I'd be sleeping on the couch or in my truck for a very long time.

I'd rather shoot the breeze with others, (which I know quite a few people on the pier) or listen to tunes instead of listening to what the boats are doing when I can't partake in that success sitting on a pier. That's almost cruel and unusual punishment. Out in a boat, different story, because then there is a real chance that knowing that information would be useful, but to me, sitting on a pier with no chance to put that information to good use....well....it doesn't help.

Can usually figure it out how well the boats are doing by how quickly they come back in, or how long they're staying out depending on what they've gone out after and most of them will tell you how they did when they come in, some will show you, and every once in a while one might come in offering a fish to someone on the pier.

it was nice chatting with you Trevor hope to meet up with you again

Not hard to find me when I'm fishin, unless I've been offered the privilege of going out with someone in their boat.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks