Real leech or GULP???

average ryan

Just curious to what's having a little more luck on the bay Usally i use a gulp 3" leech and Usally far pretty well just woundering if real leeche's are better I've never used them my self so have no idea how to even handle or hook them

That is a tough one. I like gulp products for smallmouth both the leech and gulp fry worm. My dad only uses live leeches and some days gulp out fishes live leeches but other days live leeches out produce gulp products. I don't know what it is but smallmouth love gulp baits but have I seen largemouth totally ignore them. My favourite gulp bait was the Dover crawler a thin 5" worm but they do not make it anymore, it was deadly on the drop shot rig for smallmouth. Chris.

the gulp leeches on a drop shot is my favorite presentation for small mouth. some days you can't keep them off your line - other days it's a bit tougher. I was out Saturday and wasn't as successful as usual. They only wanted it on the fall. I couldn't get them to take it any other way.

Gulp anything works great stuff but real leeches do work u hook them throught there sucker it's tuff and won't come out and allows them to swim as well

For bass? Gulp all day. Pickerel are pickier, and I've had many a day when it was strictly a live bait bite. Bass will eat anything that looks like food.

When the Smallies are on the feed I swear some days an old cigarette butt will work. On those slow days live bait has always found the fishes mouth. I do use live leeches and hook them through the sucker or below on a single bait holder hook, some days a floating jighead.. I fish them on a Lindy slip sinker with the bail open but some days when they are taking it softly or take and swim towards the boat they deep hook themselves and then I will go to a Jig tipped with a leech. I have to admit I never tried the Gulp Leech, need to pick some up and give them a whirl. My first choice is always a tube after tossing Crank Baits to locate them after marking them on the electronics. There have been days all I use is what works first, usually a natural coloured tube on dull days and bright colours on overcast, sometimes the other way around. Fishing can be a oxymoron when it comes to tactics. For Perch nothing but Emerald Shiners dead or alive. Mid summer I actually fished with a guy that uses his downrigger in deep water for Bass. To my amazement it worked.

Thanks everyone... was out today with my buddy and we only managed 3 bass all on gulp leeches... unlike last weekend we're I was banging them all day on the gulp I'll have to give real leeche's a try some time thanks again and sage trips on the water!!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks